2 replies to this topic

#1 dd6444

dd6444

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:34 PM

Ok.... so last year, I was really sick. I was missing a lot of school, and no one knew what was wrong, but a little over 2 months ago I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I've been eating gluten free since then. Overall I've been feeling much better, but still not perfect (I know it could take over 6 months or up to a year to completely heal). Last year toward the end of the school year I was only going to school 1 to 2 days of the week because of how sick I was (I was still able to make up all my work and pull a 3.5 gpa though yay). This year, I've been going to school almost every day.

Even though I've been doing better, I'm still having sleeping problems, and I still sometimes have these random days where I'm so tired that I can barely move and have no energy. I'm like almost dead. This morning, I couldn't get up and I slept until about 3:30 in the afternoon. It was the second day of school that I missed in the last month. I'm almost positive that I haven't been glutened, but sometimes this happens to me randomally. Other than that, I've bene hanging in there. Has this happened to anyone and is this from celiac disease? Thanks in advance :)

edit: I should also mention that I was glutened like two weeks ago (i was really hungry and ate bacon cheese fries at nathans which i knew was stupid) but I thought it was out of my system. Could I have gotten randomally sick today from that?

Edited by dd6444, 20 September 2005 - 05:03 PM.

--Dave

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Claire

Claire

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

edit:  I should also mention that I was glutened like two weeks ago (i was really hungry and ate bacon cheese fries at nathans which i knew was stupid) but I thought it was out of my system.  Could I have gotten randomally sick today from that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was told recently by a neurologist that if you put a gram of gluten and a drop of blood (from a celiac disease person) together in a petri dish - an interactive attack will begin almost immediately and will be sustained for days - even weeks.

This is not to be mess with. Claire

#3 mytummyhurts

mytummyhurts

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:00 PM

If you have been having the problem with fatigue even before you were glutened it could be because you are still deficient in many nutrients. Has your doctor run blood tests for this? Celiacs are often times deficient in vitamin B12, which can cause fatigue among other problems and is very important. Once you are eating gluten free, even if your are taking a pill vitamin it is most likely not being absorbed as the intestines remain damaged for a while. Shots or sublingual tablets are better for absorbtion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: