1 reply to this topic

#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'd like to try Malawi's Pizza in Provo but like any pizza place I'm wary. I've eating at Pier 49 and not gotten sick so I know they're safe, but I've heard that Malawi's crust is so much better. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried them and liked them. They are buttloads cheaper than Pier 49. My husband is doing his gluten challenge soon and I don't want to watch him chow down on Pizza Hut and sit here feeling sorry for myself but I don't want to spend $20 on a 10-incher either!

Anywho, if anyone has tried them let me know how it turned out. Without any ill reports I'll probably give them a go and report back myself.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Well, no one else has eaten here apparently but just in case someone googles this and is wondering if they are safe... I finally took the plunge a bit ago. I can say that I did not get sick. They were far better and cheaper than Pier 49. The crust was thin and crispy and the toppings and sauce were perfect. I ate the whole thing in one sitting, which was a bit much pizza and I got a little bloated but it had been a long time. It was about $12.50 for a pizza that would have fed me for two meals if I could learn what the word moderation meant. The minute I can have cheese again I'm headed back! Maybe sooner, they do have a banana brulee dessert pizza. I shouldn't have bananas, but an imitrex will clear my vision right back up.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: