Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Grass Fed Or Grain Fed-How Do You Find Out?

• Please log in to reply

33 replies to this topic

#31 anabananakins

anabananakins

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm in Australia where it's sensible to have a fear of snakes because gosh knows they are likely to be one of the top 10 world's most deadly.

With the grassfed/grainfed health difference, I read paleo websites where they talk about the omega 6 and omega 3 ratios and they try to eat all grassfed. So there are some difference but most people aren't going to get to that level of care with what they eat. I do laugh though when I see "corn fed chicken" here like it's something to be particularly excited about.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

My family was on a bison kick for about two years, I got sick of it quick. The way they fixed it had very little flavor and whatnot o.O

#33 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm in Australia where it's sensible to have a fear of snakes because gosh knows they are likely to be one of the top 10 world's most deadly.

With the grassfed/grainfed health difference, I read paleo websites where they talk about the omega 6 and omega 3 ratios and they try to eat all grassfed. So there are some difference but most people aren't going to get to that level of care with what they eat. I do laugh though when I see "corn fed chicken" here like it's something to be particularly excited about.

Bananakins, one of the reasons I would not join the Christchurch exodus to OZ :lol: Not to mention the jumping spiders!!!

And as for the omega 6's vs. omega 3's, it is something I consider. :o

And as for the "corn fed chicken", they do that in NZ too, and I love it. I pass it right by :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#34 june27

june27

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

This has been a very interesting post to read. I have been trying to make better selections when it comes to meat, but the US labeling for meat is so confusing (and in many cases, rather useless).

I recently started buying meat from the local farm which is not labeled as 'organic' but I know that they they treat the animals with respect, and they have great variety (beef, pork, lamb, and goat). I have gotten many different cuts so far, and they have all been great!

When I do need to supplement with grocery store meat, I try to choose things with no antibiotics/growth hormones. It is not as good as the farm meat, but if the bulk of what I eat is good farm-meat, then I am better off than eating 100% grocery store meat...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: