4 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria6102

Victoria6102

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

After being diagnosed with celiac and recently dairy intolerant...I never thought I'd have a nice piece of bread and butter, or a bagel with butter ever again! I found Glutino English muffins, Jillian's French rolls, and earth balance spread....I have been so happy:) mmmmm I love eating a nice buttered roll that tastes GOOD! It took me two years to find good substitutes. This morning when I was about to butter my English muffin, I noticed crumbs in my butter...CRUMBS! My GLUTEN FREE YUMMY CRUMBS! I know it sounds stupid...but I almost cried. Cuz I hadnt seen that in almost two years. I am so happy! This is getting much easier. I never thought if was possible!
Today at a baby shower I was just eating chips (which I took out of a bag that I opened first lol) and a lady said "why don't you get some food?" I used to say "I have celiac" and then feel like I had to explain to everyone. But this time I just said "I'm all set, thanks though":) my friend who is awesome said "she has to eat gluten free". They all went "awwwwww"....I told them not to feel bad for me, I could eat Reeses! Lol! I'm getting over feeling sorry for myself now and trying to focus on getting healthy. Thank you guys for all your support:) I feel like from here....it's only going to get easier! It's been rough, but things are starting to turn towards the better! Yay!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

ROCK ON!

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

:) Awesome!

I had gluten-free crumbs in my butter the other day and it made me scared, I still had to skim off the top layer before I would use it. LOL :lol:
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

I have Udi's crumbs in my butter, and I make sure to get them on my potato when I butter it. After no bread-type substance for over a year, I'm not even going to waste one tiny crumb of my Udi's! :D

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#5 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Nice to hear that :lol: Everything gets better eventually. Though I have cut my butter. I will miss her :(
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: