#1 aquaholical

aquaholical

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hey gang.
Think I've just figured out that I've been eating contaminated lentils for a few months and the backlash is kicking my butt. Along with the belly that feels like it's full of razor wire, my most prevalent and burdensome symptom is flu-like body aches. It hurts to move and all I want to do is lay down, but I also have Lyme Disease and light working out/sweating out toxins always helps with a Lyme flare-up; so I was wondering if this sorta works the same with Celiac. So far I seem to get 50/50 results with light workouts when I've been glutened. Sometimes they'll make me feel better for an hour or two after the workout but it all goes out the window as soon as I eat my next meal. Is it better to rest when you're glutened or do you find light exercise to help?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey gang.
Think I've just figured out that I've been eating contaminated lentils for a few months and the backlash is kicking my butt. Along with the belly that feels like it's full of razor wire, my most prevalent and burdensome symptom is flu-like body aches. It hurts to move and all I want to do is lay down, but I also have Lyme Disease and light working out/sweating out toxins always helps with a Lyme flare-up; so I was wondering if this sorta works the same with Celiac. So far I seem to get 50/50 results with light workouts when I've been glutened. Sometimes they'll make me feel better for an hour or two after the workout but it all goes out the window as soon as I eat my next meal. Is it better to rest when you're glutened or do you find light exercise to help?

Thanks!

For me and what I've looked up it's better to work out, but not a heavy duty work out, more like stretches, walking, light weights. I drink several 32 oz. containers of water while working out, so I'm running to the restroom and getting rid of all the toxins. Lots of water helps me big time. Maybe if you drink your meal after your workout it will feel better? Like a protein drink that's gluten free (usually GNC has gluten free protein pwder mixes). Not sure how that would feel with the lyme disease but I'm sure you know more about that. Hope this helps. ;) I've been there many years so I can feel your pain and hope you find a good routine.

#3 aquaholical

aquaholical

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

For me and what I've looked up it's better to work out, but not a heavy duty work out, more like stretches, walking, light weights. I drink several 32 oz. containers of water while working out, so I'm running to the restroom and getting rid of all the toxins. Lots of water helps me big time. Maybe if you drink your meal after your workout it will feel better? Like a protein drink that's gluten free (usually GNC has gluten free protein pwder mixes). Not sure how that would feel with the lyme disease but I'm sure you know more about that. Hope this helps. ;) I've been there many years so I can feel your pain and hope you find a good routine.

That's kinda what I figured. I don't see how light exercise and sweating out toxins could hurt. Thanks for the reply!

#4 AlexBuck

AlexBuck

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

That's kinda what I figured. I don't see how light exercise and sweating out toxins could hurt. Thanks for the reply!

same here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: