This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hashis/hypothyroid: New Lab Work And Want To Scream

pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Went to the ND yesterday and got the new labs.

In general, things are improving.

But digging deeper into my thyroid, well, things suck big fat sour lemons.

I am so frustrated I could scream, generally speaking.

My thyroid is a mess. I'm making high levels of rt3. My iron and d aren't increasing enough to know if they are causing the problem or if I'm battling a war I can't win without t3 only therapy.

And on top of that, my ND just kind of aggravated me.

Does that make sense?

I'm sure it doesn't.

I'm just so tired of this crap right now. Seriously.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

That stinks :angry:

Completely understand - I sure wish you got better news today :huh:

Hang in there!

It will get better. It will get better. It will get better. Can you tell I read 'The Little Engine That Could' a few too many times over the years?

cavernio Enthusiast

I wish I could get my t3 checked

peeptoad Apprentice

I wish I could get my t3 checked

Let me guess: your doctor won't run this test for you either?

The third time I aksed about my T3 my doctor finally just flat-out lied to me and said it was going to be done and it wasn't... I don't think insurance companies like this test being ordered for some (probably money-related) reason.

TeknoLen Rookie

Sorry to hear your thyroid is giving you fits. Very frustrating indeed. Getting that thing working correctly can be a chore. Last week I had a hyperthyroid flare and headache that was sooo bad it made me want to get the t-ectomy right then and just rely on a full replacement dose of synthetic T4/T3 for the rest of my life. I was quite happy when that thought passed, I can tell you...Anyway, I recently learned that selenium (either supplement or brazil nuts) can help with T4 to T3 conversion, probably old news to you but if not then maybe worth a try. Good luck and keep at it, you will crack the code...

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

There are equal numbers of contradictory studies that day if you are high rt3 and showing t3 resistance it inhibits it.

As does exercise.

As does a low carb/paleo diet.

As does low d and iron.

I want to scream.

Archived