3 replies to this topic

#1 bossley

bossley

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

Has anybody had a problem with your tongue feeling burnt? Just another little blessing that happens to me once in a while. It's not coated and it looks fine. I don't eat gluten,dairy,soy, I eat whole. I just started Bentaine HCL with Pepsin, and Mastic gum. Sometimes it feels sore.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kwylee

kwylee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

OK, at the risk of sounding nuts, I'll share the following:

I've had that, and the burned tongue feeling eventually turned into a bout of CONSTANT dry mouth feeling that drove me crazy and lasted for months. Everyone kept just insisting it must be Sjogrens but tests were negative and I didn't have any other symptoms. It's under control now and only flares up occasionally but I've definitely seen the correlation between the mouth/tongue discomfort and my stomach, specifically low stomach acid. In fact, sometimes I wonder if that's what's behind the mysterious "syndrome" of Sjogrens, which my doctor says they call anything they just don't understand and therefore can't "cure". I searched for months, and in the end I tried a natural tonic I read about on the internet and within a day or so the symptoms were 95% gone and my "off" stomach issue was totally resolved. I still do it these days but just a few times a week. I'm like you, no gluten/dairy/soy and only whole foods. This tonic fills that bill:

2 TBSP Natural Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother - like Braggs)
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
8 oz water
raw honey to taste (optional - the ACV/BS combo is actually a bit sweet on it's own - you don't need much honey, if any)

Back then, I would drink this just before eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think the tonic is more to help the body achieve a healthy pH. These days I've substituted seltzer for my water in the drink and it's like enjoying a softdrink (without all the known carcinogens of canned fizzy drinks). Worth a try!
K Wylee

Gluten Intolerant, Positive test, June 2010
Casein sensitivity, Positive test, June 2010
Reactive to soy, most processed foods & preservatives, June 2010

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Back when my GERD was out of control, oh yes. I just lived with it :/

#4 bossley

bossley

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

OK, at the risk of sounding nuts, I'll share the following:

I've had that, and the burned tongue feeling eventually turned into a bout of CONSTANT dry mouth feeling that drove me crazy and lasted for months. Everyone kept just insisting it must be Sjogrens but tests were negative and I didn't have any other symptoms. It's under control now and only flares up occasionally but I've definitely seen the correlation between the mouth/tongue discomfort and my stomach, specifically low stomach acid. In fact, sometimes I wonder if that's what's behind the mysterious "syndrome" of Sjogrens, which my doctor says they call anything they just don't understand and therefore can't "cure". I searched for months, and in the end I tried a natural tonic I read about on the internet and within a day or so the symptoms were 95% gone and my "off" stomach issue was totally resolved. I still do it these days but just a few times a week. I'm like you, no gluten/dairy/soy and only whole foods. This tonic fills that bill:

2 TBSP Natural Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother - like Braggs)
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
8 oz water
raw honey to taste (optional - the ACV/BS combo is actually a bit sweet on it's own - you don't need much honey, if any)

Back then, I would drink this just before eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think the tonic is more to help the body achieve a healthy pH. These days I've substituted seltzer for my water in the drink and it's like enjoying a softdrink (without all the known carcinogens of canned fizzy drinks). Worth a try!

I'll try anything once. Did you take the HCL also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: