8 replies to this topic

#1 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Argh!?! I knew this day was coming, I had just hoped it would be a LONG time away....my Kindle passed away this evening. I ofcourse, have had it for 2 years which is 1 year past the warranty, so I got to purchase a whole new one....yippee....Charlotte Bronte is partially stuck on my screen, I even considered trying CPR, but the (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) rep felt I should peek at the Kindle Paper White before I blat my eyes out....SHE WAS RIGHT!! It's meant to be lol it even has a built in light! Now just to wait until late Oct. to get it!? Does anyone else have these things happen to them or am I just a magnet for it!? Atleast she offered me a discount, that. Was. Awesome. 😳😳 Having to purchase a new one, not so much...blah...
~**caselynn**~

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

OMG! It would be a very sad day if my Kindle died. I feel your pain. I just upgraded to the Kindle Touch...still getting used to it. Felt very spastic the first week or so of having it AND transferring content is such a freakin' pain in the you-know-what. I wish they had a better system for doing that...But when the shiny new Kindle comes you will be so happy. Enjoy!

#3 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

"I wish they had a better system for doing that..."

Have you tried the books in your public library? :lol:

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#4 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

"I wish they had a better system for doing that..."

Have you tried the books in your public library? :lol:

Um, I've got 12 checked out right now!

I got the Kindle for when we are overseas and there is no public library available. Plus for vacations because luggage weight restrictions put a huge dent in my reading material options while on the beach, etc!

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

I feel your pain. Found out yesterday, my iPad, Maxie, is terminal. She may struggle along with email and this forum for months or quit in the middle of this post.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I admit I am a dinosaur. I read a lot and get my books either at the library or at yard sales. Then I have a yard sale of my own to "recycle" them. If I traveled anymore I'd probably have one of those "new-fangled" reading devices too, but now that I've found my paradise, I won't be going anywhere so I don't need one.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#7 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

I was "sold" when, while traveling, I saw a family whip out their kindle and start reading the section in the guide book about the quire. I had (the same) bulky guide book in my hands and decided I'd much rather cart around one small device instead of 3 guide books.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#8 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

I have a nook tablet and love it. So much more convienent for book reading (dont get me wrong i love B&N and whatnot and i still go in to get my manga fix, but still). Me thinks my mom might get mad if i brought anymore books home that weren't a textbook.

#9 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

My library has ebooks to check out . . . now I can go to the library by visiting their site . . . love it. I still pick up books at yard sales because every so often, I don't want to take my kindle somewhere, you know, "dangerous" . . . plus you run into books that you want to read that aren't electonicalized or aren't carried by the library that you want to read.

One of my favorite features . . . the later in the day that it gets, the more tired my eyes get . . . and the bigger the font becomes on my kindle :rolleyes:
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: