4 replies to this topic

#1 come dance with me

come dance with me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

I've put messages up on FB in groups, but I would like to get a regular group happening where we can all meet and have a gluten free picnic with others in our community who have to follow a strict gluten-free diet, but so far not much has happened. One person said she is keen, herself and her 2 kids are coeliac but they go to groups through the Coeliac Society. I suspect most people would. I can't afford to join unfortunately, so miss out on the formal ones. Just wondering how people go about organising informal groups within a small community?
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

Well we have our first date set for the 13th of October. Each of us will bring a plate of food that can be shared, I'll take fruit kebabs as well as some chocolate crackles and brownies to make sure my vegan child will have a couple of options. It's an afternoon tea, and from experience kids cannot say no to fruit kebabs where the watermelon, rockmelon and honeydew melon are cut into little star shapes and put onto skewers. It's for 3pm to avoid the hottest part of the day.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#3 bigbird16

bigbird16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

That sounds awesome! Let us know how it goes!
Migraines, ataxia, peripheral neuropathy, anxiety, paranoia, joint pain, vivid nightmares, exhaustion & lethargy, brain fog, bloat, GI issues--all gone or significantly reduced since dietary changes were made

Gluten-free (Nov. 2008), dairy-free (June 2009), soy-free (Aug. 2009), all-grains-and-grasses-but-rice-free (Nov. 2011); double HLA-DQ7

"'Always remember, Bilbo, when your heart wants lifting, think of pleasant things.' 'Eggs, bacon, a good full pipe, my garden at twilight....'" (The Hobbit, animated movie, 1977)

#4 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I know it's a little way off, but we're on school holidays at the moment so a bit hard to organise anything. Lots of interest so I hope it's really good.

#5 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Might i also suggest some fun shaped ice cubes? I've seen some trays at bed bath and beyond that came in all sorts of shapes. That might be a fun idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: