3 replies to this topic

#1 mamaupupup

mamaupupup

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

This has happened a gazillion times before we went gluten free...but this week was the first time since we've been diagnosed Celiac--and my daughter handled it wonderfully!

We were at a park and there was a friendly older gentleman with a cute dog. My kids liked the dog, pet it, etc. The man then says, "Here's a cookie you can give my dog." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out some cracker-looking treat. My daughter paused, looked at the treat, looked at the man and said, "No thank you."

I was so proud! I gave her lots of praise, a high five, a hug, a kiss. If she weighed less, I would have tossed her into the air with joy!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 fantasticalice

fantasticalice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Good job Mama!
Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland

#3 GwenO

GwenO

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

This has happened a gazillion times before we went gluten free...but this week was the first time since we've been diagnosed Celiac--and my daughter handled it wonderfully!

We were at a park and there was a friendly older gentleman with a cute dog. My kids liked the dog, pet it, etc. The man then says, "Here's a cookie you can give my dog." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out some cracker-looking treat. My daughter paused, looked at the treat, looked at the man and said, "No thank you."

I was so proud! I gave her lots of praise, a high five, a hug, a kiss. If she weighed less, I would have tossed her into the air with joy!

That's fabulous!! :) We have an older dog with a lot of allergies. His food contains only salmon and sweet potato. It cheers my daughter up - she tells everybody that she and the dog are both celiacs!

#4 mamaupupup

mamaupupup

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

:) cute! Our dog is an omnivore--but just like my husband, limited to a gluten-free diet at home ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: