Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

"here's A Cookie You Can Give My Dog"

4 posts in this topic

This has happened a gazillion times before we went gluten free...but this week was the first time since we've been diagnosed Celiac--and my daughter handled it wonderfully!

We were at a park and there was a friendly older gentleman with a cute dog. My kids liked the dog, pet it, etc. The man then says, "Here's a cookie you can give my dog." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out some cracker-looking treat. My daughter paused, looked at the treat, looked at the man and said, "No thank you."

I was so proud! I gave her lots of praise, a high five, a hug, a kiss. If she weighed less, I would have tossed her into the air with joy!

Ads by Google:

Good job Mama!

This has happened a gazillion times before we went gluten free...but this week was the first time since we've been diagnosed Celiac--and my daughter handled it wonderfully!

We were at a park and there was a friendly older gentleman with a cute dog. My kids liked the dog, pet it, etc. The man then says, "Here's a cookie you can give my dog." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out some cracker-looking treat. My daughter paused, looked at the treat, looked at the man and said, "No thank you."

I was so proud! I gave her lots of praise, a high five, a hug, a kiss. If she weighed less, I would have tossed her into the air with joy!

That's fabulous!! :) We have an older dog with a lot of allergies. His food contains only salmon and sweet potato. It cheers my daughter up - she tells everybody that she and the dog are both celiacs!

:) cute! Our dog is an omnivore--but just like my husband, limited to a gluten-free diet at home ;)