Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do You Get A Flu Shot?

28 posts in this topic

I always get a flu shot because I have asthma so flu is particularly bad news. A couple of years I got sick after getting it but can't say if it was connected as there were other contraction possibilities. I understand the concerns but on the whole I think it's well worthwhile for anyone at extra risk if they get flu (elderly, low immune, asthmatic etc).

Ads by Google:

I always get a flu shot because I have asthma so flu is particularly bad news. A couple of years I got sick after getting it but can't say if it was connected as there were other contraction possibilities. I understand the concerns but on the whole I think it's well worthwhile for anyone at extra risk if they get flu (elderly, low immune, asthmatic etc).

Yeah, that's me, elderly, on imunnosuppressant medication, COPD... they don't come much higher risk than me. :lol:

I have had the flu vax every year for about 11 years, my hubby was Army so he's had flu vax for like 20 years. Kids get them too. This year not sure on mist vs shot or them, my pediatrician says mist is more effective in children. But live vs killed virus, more side effects and high fever likely so I am on the fence.

Neither of us have ever had side effects, neither of us have had the flu, since getting married 10 years ago. Knock on wood!

My kids are 8 and 4 and luckily never had the flu.