17 replies to this topic

#16 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'd pack some foods. You can get bananas and applesauce, cream of rice and jellow. You can live on that if you have to, along with your favorite bars that you will bring. Best of luck with having the baby.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 ajnemajrje

ajnemajrje

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

The last time I was in a hospital, I made sure to tell them I had celiac. They wrote it down on my form and gave me a bracelet saying what i was allergic to - gluten and apples. When it came time for dinner what did they bring me? A sandwich and an apple and then the nurse who brought me my food acted irritated by the fact that I could not eat what she brought me. So I would say the best thing to do would to bring your own food if you are staying for any amount of time in a hospital.

#18 Bronwen

Bronwen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I went to a private hospital and had a great experience but whe LO got jaundice I ended up at a different hospital and got glutened by their staff for like 3 days but didnt really notice because I was so intent on baby being ill. Just felt like crap but I also didnt sleep for two days.

I suggest calling hospital and asking to meet with dietary/cafeteria manager and the service/nursing manager. I got them to come to my room before I ate because my section was emergency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: