21 replies to this topic

#16 mbrookes

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Part of the reason for the slight ambiguity in the Kraft statement is the litigious society we live in. Sue for anything. Go for the big bucks. For this reason, many companies will not say their products are gluten free, even when to the best of their knowledge they are.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mamaofaceliac

mamaofaceliac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

There are so many blogs and Celiac sites praising Kraft for their labeling, giving us parents of newly diagnosised celiacs a false sense of assurance in their products. Only after going on their website did I see their ambiguous statement about not guaranteeing that their manufactures/ suppliers do not use gluten. Today we called and were told not to use any of their products with the terms natural and artificial colors and flavors, and spices. Seriously Kraft needs to step up and hold their suppliers accountable. So no, I will no longer by Kraft.

#18 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

There are so many blogs and Celiac sites praising Kraft for their labeling, giving us parents of newly diagnosised celiacs a false sense of assurance in their products. Only after going on their website did I see their ambiguous statement about not guaranteeing that their manufactures/ suppliers do not use gluten. Today we called and were told not to use any of their products with the terms natural and artificial colors and flavors, and spices. Seriously Kraft needs to step up and hold their suppliers accountable. So no, I will no longer by Kraft.

Just curious, who did you call that told you not to use any Kraft products with those ingredients?

Honestly, if you don't feel comfortable buying Kraft products, don't. Plain and simple. A lot of us do consume Kraft products without issue and trust them as far as their labeling is concerned.

Edited by sa1937, 21 November 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#19 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

ALL companies change sources for their ingredients depending on price and availability. If you don't trust Kraft, you had better not eat ANY processed foods.

As for me, while I don't eat a lot of processed foods, I have eaten Kraft products since I started gluten-free a year and a half ago, and I have never had a problem with any of them.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#20 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,535 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

No company, unless they are testing for gluten, can guarantee their products. As far as they know, every ingredient they purchase is what it says it is. I use Kraft products with no issues.

For others, reading this thread.....in the last few months, there have been a number of people, some on this forum, some on other forums and FB pages, bashing Kraft products. Most of them post only once or twice on each site.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#21 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Nope. If they decide to call something gluten-free then I will. I don't get easily discernable reactions from gluten, so the only assurance I have are what people say. If either a company or individuals say not to eat it, I don't.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#22 mamaofaceliac

mamaofaceliac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

sa1937- we called the number on the jello pudding box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: