#1 DougE

DougE

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi all,
Has anyone tried the ready to eat dinners from Kitchens of India? There is nothing in the ingredients that causes alarm, but their allergy information says "May Contain Milk, Mustard Seeds, Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, Tree Nuts And Wheat."

Ingredients:
" Manufactured in a facility that processes milk, peanuts and treenutsWater, Chick Peas, Potatoes, Onions, Sunflower Oil, Tomatoes, Spices, Green Chillies, Salt, Ginger, Garlic, Pomegranate Seeds Powder and Tea Leaves Extract. "

I am always looking for convenient foods to take on backpacking trips and these look really good. But I am reluctant to try them.

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

i have not had trouble with tasty bites which is another company that makes a lot of the Indian dinners. I had 2 kitchens of india ones with no trouble but i dont remember then saying wheat on the label and im usually pretty sensitive about that.
If it says may contain wheat I would not try it. If its something like palak paneer or chana masala there would not be wheat in the recipe and those usually say gluten free
good luck

Hi all,
Has anyone tried the ready to eat dinners from Kitchens of India? There is nothing in the ingredients that causes alarm, but their allergy information says "May Contain Milk, Mustard Seeds, Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, Tree Nuts And Wheat."

Ingredients:
" Manufactured in a facility that processes milk, peanuts and treenutsWater, Chick Peas, Potatoes, Onions, Sunflower Oil, Tomatoes, Spices, Green Chillies, Salt, Ginger, Garlic, Pomegranate Seeds Powder and Tea Leaves Extract. "

I am always looking for convenient foods to take on backpacking trips and these look really good. But I am reluctant to try them.

Thanks.

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 gatita

gatita

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I bought one of their chickpea curry meals that did not mention wheat in the allergy info or ingredients... and had a VERY bad reaction.

That might have been because at that time my guts were reacting to pretty much everything, but it still made me decide to try other brands of Indian food that at least explicitly say "gluten free."

Their food is delicious though, if you can tolerate it.

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#4 DougE

DougE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the replies. I think I will avoid them. My symptoms are not always obvious so I have to be careful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: