18 replies to this topic

#16 smpalesh

smpalesh

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

I am in Ontario. No celiac testing is covered. I had to pay $65 just for the tTG test. He didn't offer any other tests, just said that is the only one needed. He is a bit of an ass at the best of times. Hopefully if I do have celiac it will show up positive.

it would seem you should have been informed that any further testing would have been at your expense and allowed to make that choice.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I am in Ontario. No celiac testing is covered.

I, too, am in Ontario. OHIP will cover an endoscopy with biopsies, and pathological examination of the biopsies. Much more expensive than the blood panel. Go figure.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#18 surviormom

surviormom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

I wrote another post on a different board detailing all my symptoms. I've already had vitamin and mineral levels drawn and I am deficent in vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin B, Iron, not sure what else. I also have the skin issues and I just printed out 2 pictures at Walmart to take bc I don't currently have the rash. Here is one pic of my knee (where I normally get it the worst. I have had it worse than this as well but this is one of the two pictures I have - Posted Image
I really hope that I can get him to do the testing bc I am just getting sicker and sicker and it is really impacting my life. I am a full time social work student as well as a mother of 3 (ages 6, 10, and 11) and I am barely able to function.

Wow, I look like that all over right now. Ask to be checked.

Gluten Free 2012 - Dairy Free 2012 - Acid Reflux Diet 2013

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

#19 stfluffybrain

stfluffybrain

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi there
I am new, suffer from thyroid diseae and did suffer GERD till I went gluten-free.
I think I got glutened todat by a contaminated knife, I feel foul :(.

I was sort of tested but Dr said nothing further in 2007 is this the test?
Anti tissue transglutaminase 5.0u/ml
Celiac autoantibody .0-15.0

Since then I have found out about numerous deficiencies, currently trying to supplement up but don't know about minerals or some vitamins. I am very anemic.

I cannot understand the bloods for cliac. Could someone plz help me?
luv Dawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: