Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Please Give An Opinion On My Picture

5 posts in this topic

I frequently get an insanely itchy rash on my knees, which is one of the areas DH is typically on. Here is a picture of a moderate flare-up on my knee (it gets worse than this). Opinions? Does this look like DH? 540486_10150823816231314_514286816_n.jpg

Ads by Google:

it's possible, but lots of things could be possible! Can you give us some more information? When does it come? How long does it stay? What does it respond to? Does it come anywhere else? How long have you had it? Have you seen a derm?

I used to get something on my elbows and shoulders that looked exactly like that. I had two biopsies (one of the lesion and one next to it), both came back negative for DH - however I had already been gluten-free for a couple weeks at that time. All I know is that I've been gluten-free for almost two years and I haven't had it come back. I still have skin problems occasionally, but nothing to that extent anymore (knocking on wood right now). Never want to experience that again - the itching drove me crazy.

it's possible, but lots of things could be possible! Can you give us some more information? When does it come? How long does it stay? What does it respond to? Does it come anywhere else? How long have you had it? Have you seen a derm?

I agree. Could be dh. The photo is not as clear as I would like to see & more info. would be good.