• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

Invictus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

I have been gluten free for about 10 months now. I am still experiencing pain; a deep - hot knife twisting-like pain - in my lower upper left quadrant - a few inches above and to the left of my navel. This is usually subsequent to a primary pain - that comes and goes - in the upper right quadrant localized to where the gallbladder would be. It feels as though it's inflamed and I am sure it's borderline non-functioning - as this has been going on for years...

This condition has literally cost me everything I own; I have been living out of my car for nearly 3 months. I am educated and strict when it comes to my diet- unless CC sneaks in. Can someone please tell me if this is similar to what they experienced? Any experienced celiacs that can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,563 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

No. That doesn't sound normal. What do the doctors say? Have they checked your gallbladder? Liver, etc?

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

frieze

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I have been gluten free for about 10 months now. I am still experiencing pain; a deep - hot knife twisting-like pain - in my lower upper left quadrant - a few inches above and to the left of my navel. This is usually subsequent to a primary pain - that comes and goes - in the upper right quadrant localized to where the gallbladder would be. It feels as though it's inflamed and I am sure it's borderline non-functioning - as this has been going on for years...

This condition has literally cost me everything I own; I have been living out of my car for nearly 3 months. I am educated and strict when it comes to my diet- unless CC sneaks in. Can someone please tell me if this is similar to what they experienced? Any experienced celiacs that can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

perhaps the splenic flexure of the large intestine? You need some imaging i think....good luck

MitziG

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Nope, not normal. You need to get to a GI and have them find what else besides celiacs is going on.

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

I say its gallbalddder going that needs to be taken out. Mine would hit hard in the right area where it sits, so bad that i couldn't hardly breath when it did it. Turns out it was functioning at 5%.

Invictus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Shadowicewolf -

I'm I incorrect, assuming you had your gallbladder removed? If you have had it removed, are you still getting intestinal - or abdomen pain any where in abdomen - post surgery?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: