Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Excruciating Pain - I Need Serious Help

6 posts in this topic

I have been gluten free for about 10 months now. I am still experiencing pain; a deep - hot knife twisting-like pain - in my lower upper left quadrant - a few inches above and to the left of my navel. This is usually subsequent to a primary pain - that comes and goes - in the upper right quadrant localized to where the gallbladder would be. It feels as though it's inflamed and I am sure it's borderline non-functioning - as this has been going on for years...

This condition has literally cost me everything I own; I have been living out of my car for nearly 3 months. I am educated and strict when it comes to my diet- unless CC sneaks in. Can someone please tell me if this is similar to what they experienced? Any experienced celiacs that can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Ads by Google:

No. That doesn't sound normal. What do the doctors say? Have they checked your gallbladder? Liver, etc?

I have been gluten free for about 10 months now. I am still experiencing pain; a deep - hot knife twisting-like pain - in my lower upper left quadrant - a few inches above and to the left of my navel. This is usually subsequent to a primary pain - that comes and goes - in the upper right quadrant localized to where the gallbladder would be. It feels as though it's inflamed and I am sure it's borderline non-functioning - as this has been going on for years...

This condition has literally cost me everything I own; I have been living out of my car for nearly 3 months. I am educated and strict when it comes to my diet- unless CC sneaks in. Can someone please tell me if this is similar to what they experienced? Any experienced celiacs that can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

perhaps the splenic flexure of the large intestine? You need some imaging i think....good luck

Nope, not normal. You need to get to a GI and have them find what else besides celiacs is going on.

I say its gallbalddder going that needs to be taken out. Mine would hit hard in the right area where it sits, so bad that i couldn't hardly breath when it did it. Turns out it was functioning at 5%.

Shadowicewolf -

I'm I incorrect, assuming you had your gallbladder removed? If you have had it removed, are you still getting intestinal - or abdomen pain any where in abdomen - post surgery?