#1 tsichak

tsichak

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I will be traveling to Boston for a wedding next weekend, and would like to know if there are any restaurants with gluten-free options in Quincy Market. I really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Terrie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I will be traveling to Boston for a wedding next weekend, and would like to know if there are any restaurants with gluten-free options in Quincy Market. I really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Terrie

Hi Terrie!

I live outside of Boston and here is the listing of the finer dining places in Quincy Market. I would advise eating at a higher end place because most of the other food places will be hard pressed to serve you gluten-free food. I have eaten at McCormick and Schmick's before and they are a seafood place. They accommodate and I did not get sick. Quincy Market

If you really want a fantastic gluten-free experience, I would HIGHLY recommend "Marco" in the North End. It is very easy to get to from Quincy Market. All you do is cross the Greenway into the North End and they are on Hanover St., which is easy peasy to find...one of the main drags. You pretty much dump onto Hanover after crossing the Greenway. From Quincy Market it will take 10 minutes to walk to Marco. You should call ahead for reservations as they will make fresh gluten-free bread for you and it arrives at the table warm. They have many gluten-free options, including good gluten-free pasta, and will make just about any pasta dish you want that's do-able with gluten-free pasta. They also have half plates and full size, depending on your appetite. Not sure if you are able to go outside of the Market to eat but Marco is definitely worth your while but you do need reservations. Marco Menu Scroll down on the menu and you'll see the remarks about gluten-free options.

Hope this helps and I hope you have a great time! Boston is pretty gluten-free friendly so don't worry too much.

Her's another link that might be useful: Gluten free Registry.

#3 tsichak

tsichak

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thank you SO much! You put my mind at ease!

#4 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Thank you SO much! You put my mind at ease!

Glad to hear that. You do still have to be careful, as always, but Boston is an easier place to find gluten-free and "most" of the people working in finer dining establishments are savvy to our needs. I am very sensitive and go out to eat in the city about twice a year and haven't had a problem yet. The Registry link is a big help too.

Let me know where you end up eating and how it went! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: