16 replies to this topic

#16 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I am sorry you are having a migraine, Roda! It probably is stress related and who can blame you for that. You will be fine afterwards but it is stressful before anyone has surgery....the mind is too active. Pretty soon the GB problems will be gone...one less thing to worry about. I will be thinking of you on the 24th and wish you a speedy recovery! Let us know how everything went when you are able. :)

Thanks Gemini for the nice thoughts. I have to be in the same day surgery center at 7:40 tomorrow morning. I still have the migraine lingering but it's a lot better now. My mom is going with me in the morning along with my husband. My dad is in charge of getting the kids up and off to school. That should be interesting. He asked my youngest son if he could get his own breakfast. DS looked at him kinda funny, then my dad told him, "I hope so because I can't." He was dead serious. Good thing there are fruity pebbles in the pantry and yogurt in the fridge! :o :lol:

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Had my surgery on Wednesday. The surgery itself went well. I remember waking up in recovery and was in quite a bit of pain. They gave me IV morphine. Next I remember sitting up and them giving me some pills to swallow. After that I became very nauseated, sweating profusly and really not feeling well. Then I hear the nurse say lay her down because my blood pressure had dropped really low. I think it was 85/31 at it's lowest. They had to keep me in recovery until my BP went back up. From what everyone tells me they think I had a vasal vagal reaction to the morphine. It wasn't pleasant. Everyone was great and my nurse didn't leave my bedside until everything was stable. I finaly got discharged from the SDS center around 5:00 pm. Was still pretty nauseated when I got home. I did manage to get sick and after my stomach was empty I felt better.

Yesterday I started really feeling the pain but mostly at the incision. I've also been taking it easy on the food, sticking mostly to clear liquids and jello. I was able to help my mom make some quail soup last night in the pressure cooker. OMG did it taste good. That bone broth is just what I needed.

Today I think will be a little bit better. Still some discomfort at my incision, but now it's the gas pain that is bothersome. Thank goodness for gas X.

Over all I'm pleased with my treatment. The staff was really great and really paid attention to detail. They double checked all meds for me when I checked in and even had someone come from pharmacy to talk to me.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: