Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Liothyronine - Gluten, Corn And Lactose Free Version? Paddock?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 carolynmay

carolynmay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

Dear all,

I think this is a tall order, but worth a try. I have been diagnosed as hypothyroid and my doctor wants me to take T3 rather than T4 in case I cannot convert T4 to T3.

However, I am not only a super sensitive where gluten is concerned, but also sensitive to corn and lactose - joy!

I have narrowed things down to the Paddock brand of liothyronine I think, as they say this is gluten and corn free.

I just wondered if anyone happens to know if they are also lactose free? I have asked the question but they are now being slow in coming back to me and I am really keen to get on and start taking something.

Thanks if you happen to know!

Best wishes, Carolyn

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

I feel fortunate that I do not have to worry about anything else in meds but gluten. I don't know about lactose and corn, but from a gluten standpoint I have taken Cytomel and the generic liothyronine from Paddock and Mylan. I've been fine with all three and am currently taking Mylan. I am currently on T3 and T4 meds.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#3 carolynmay

carolynmay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

I feel fortunate that I do not have to worry about anything else in meds but gluten. I don't know about lactose and corn, but from a gluten standpoint I have taken Cytomel and the generic liothyronine from Paddock and Mylan. I've been fine with all three and am currently taking Mylan. I am currently on T3 and T4 meds.

Thanks for that Roda - at least that's gluten that's hopefully ok then!

Best wishes, Carolyn

#4 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm sorry that i just discovered this post. Hopefully you already learned that the Paddock T3 brand is safe for you. I've been taking Paddock liothyronine since 2011.  i've been on a T3 only regimen since 2012.  I'm sensitive/allergic  to gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. I haven't reacted to Paddock T3 tablets since I started taking them. However, the lower dose tablets (esp. 5mcg) contain a higher proportion of cellulose than the higher doses.  Some people have problems with cellulose. I never did.  I hope you're doing well on T3 only now.

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: