arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Elimination Diet So Far, Is It Gluten Or Wheat?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 DavinaRN

DavinaRN

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

I narrowed down my problem (is it wheat or gluten) by seeing if I reacted to barley malt in granola.. I did so gluten causes my reaction. Now to continue to eat it until I hear if my Endo will run the blood work panel on the 22nd
Gluten Free since October 2012
Negative blood work, positive dietary response
Endocrinologist offered referral to GI if I needed formal diagnosis to follow the diet, otherwise just pass on wheat, barley & rye
and save my money

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 SandraLAVixen

SandraLAVixen

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

When you're eating gluten do you only feel bad for the few hours after when you're having the extreme pain and nausea, or do you feel pretty lousy all the time?

Well for example, if I eat pastas or pizzas, I first feel a strange "echoy radiance" around my whole body, particularly around my head about an hour after eating.

Then a few minutes later I get a sharp pain in my upper abdomen (always the same place), but only for a few seconds.

Then its followed by 3-8 hours of horrendous pain until I pass out. During which I sometimes thrash, like a seizure, but I'm conscious of most of it so I don't think it's a real seizure.

The next day I feel like I just had major surgery or a bunch of aliens went into my body and had a war or something, the pain afterwards is minor, but dull and nauseating for the next day or two.

Recently I found that Elavil relieves all of the dull pain and nausea the day after. I'm on it right now. Elavil was the most significant find to this day and I'm still not sure what it means.

I doubt I can find a doctor to do the endoscopy again any time soon, but I will try later on after other tests have been done (I'm still having a carcinoid test and redoing Celiac profile bloodwork).
Wheat and gluten tolerant until Dec 2012...
causing pain afterwards...
Gluten-free Feb to Mar 2012.
Endoscopy, pillcam, biopsies, Celiac profile, NEGATIVE.
Elimination diet isolated to gluten thus far Sep 2012.

#18 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

where in your upper abdomen?

Have you had your gallbladder checked?

#19 cindylou7

cindylou7

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

I totally get it. You need to know what is causing the problem, but when you don't have enough time between your trials you cannot accurately define the cause. I have more physical reactions to gluten when I have not given my body a rest. And sometimes things that I believe do not contain gluten (although I don't know about CC) cause a similar reaction when I am healing from a recent glutening.

Just my opinion...
“Worry is itself an illness, since worry is an accusation against Divine Wisdom, a criticism of Divine Mercy"

#20 SandraLAVixen

SandraLAVixen

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

It's just about my belly button, in a "C" shape (as if it were written normally when you are looking at me). It's about 5cm by 4cm in size, and it radiates to the back, where the kidneys are.

Yes I had an US of the gallbladder, I saw it, it was totally clean. There was a 4mm kidney stone on the US, but later I had a CT of the kidney and it appearently was not visualized so we assumed it got flushed.
Wheat and gluten tolerant until Dec 2012...
causing pain afterwards...
Gluten-free Feb to Mar 2012.
Endoscopy, pillcam, biopsies, Celiac profile, NEGATIVE.
Elimination diet isolated to gluten thus far Sep 2012.

#21 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

It's just about my belly button, in a "C" shape (as if it were written normally when you are looking at me). It's about 5cm by 4cm in size, and it radiates to the back, where the kidneys are.

Yes I had an US of the gallbladder, I saw it, it was totally clean. There was a 4mm kidney stone on the US, but later I had a CT of the kidney and it appearently was not visualized so we assumed it got flushed.

US don't do much for the gallbladder. Mine showed up clean. The HIDA scan tests its function (contration and emptying), if its below 35% they'll remove it. Mine was at 5%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: