• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

kittty

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

I found out today that Pizza Hut serves gluten free pizzas in Australia. Sorry if this is old news, but does anyone know if they'll bring them to the US? Has anyone here from Australia tried one?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

irish daveyboy

The Irish Coeliac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

I found out today that Pizza Hut serves gluten free pizzas in Australia. Sorry if this is old news, but does anyone know if they'll bring them to the US? Has anyone here from Australia tried one?

Just launched in the UK.

http://eatoutmagazin...-free-pizza-hut

and then there's this from The Gluten Free Guerrillas.

http://glutenfreegue...zahutglutenfree
Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.
Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests
Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.
Self Taught Baker.
Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

CaliSparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

This is an old post but just wanted to say, a fellow Celiac ate a Domino's and was sick for the first time in two years! He had ordered one previously, cut a slice in half and then waited three hours before eating the rest of it, no problem. It was the second order on another day that made him sick. Be careful!
Healing little by little. Functional Medicine is helping.
2015: Celiac dx, sleep apnea, chronic dehydration/malabsorption. Receiving Vit D treatment +iron, IV nutrient therapy, CPAP
Year 2: Mental clarity improving (and year 3 still improving!)
October 2013-14: low heart rate, low BP, arrhythmia = better! '15
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope
2006-2012: Multiple unexplained illnesses; 2009: anemic; iron infusions
2005: undx celiac crisis, 2 months of hell & never to return to normal

sunny2012

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

I would never trust a restaurant were every item is gluten filled. Plus, my health would depend on minor children actually following tedious procedures like changing gloves and never ever putting anything down on the gluten-free space when the place was crazy busy. I just get way to sick from even walking into a Dunkin Donuts. 

sunny2012

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

Then there is this from the official Pizza Hut site:

"While Pizza Hut® is proud to offer pizzas with gluten-free ingredients, Pizza Hut kitchens are not gluten-free environments. Due to the handcrafted nature of our menu items, variations in vendor-supplied ingredients, and the use of shared cooking and preparation areas, we cannot assure you that our restaurant environment or any menu item will be completely free of gluten."

mateo2099

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Gluten free pizza is coming to the US from Pizza Hut but I still do not believe it is 100% for Celiac sufferers, although it is supposed to be a better grade than Dominos (bread is made by Udi's and the ingredients are kept separate from their main stock).  

I don't know why any Celiac sufferer would even be surprised they ended up sick off a Dominos pizza.  They have more warnings and disclosures than a crate full of nuclear waste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: