This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Carmel/cinnamon Rolls

BamBam

BamBam Community Regular

My co-worker is eating a very yummy smelling carmel roll this morning, and I just got to have one, does anyone know of a website where I can order some good cinnamon/carmel rolls? I can make my own sauce for them, I just want them to taste good!

BamBam

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jams Explorer
My co-worker is eating a very yummy smelling carmel roll this morning, and I just got to have one, does anyone know of a website where I can order some good cinnamon/carmel rolls?  I can make my own sauce for them, I just want them to taste good!

BamBam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sillyyakbakery.com has good cinnamon rolls.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I like Kinnikinnicks!

frenchiemama Collaborator

Grandma Ferdon's makes some really, really good cinnamon rolls. Even the non-gluten-free people in my life like them.

jenvan Collaborator

I second on kinnikinnick's

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast
:D I just ordered some from the new place called Everybody Eats. I called them to place the order but it hasn't arrived yet. I heard from someone on here they are really good. I talked to one of the men who makes them and he says that they are just like the ones you see and smell in the malls. They are for my 12 year old son and I will let you know how he likes them and I will taste them too.
jkmunchkin Rising Star

Definately Everybody Eats!!! This is the best gluten-free food around by far.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

frenchiemama Collaborator

Ack! I just checked out Everybody Eats, and while the food looks delicious, the prices are making me dizzy! $23 for a 9" pie? I wish I could afford this stuff, it looks good.

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

Kinnikinnick's website isn't working right now or I'd post the link for you.

Chebe has a Cinnamon mix that you can enhance. I use extra cinnamon and sugar and put vanilla icing on top. Like the pillsbury dough boy breakfast buns... I also add a tablespoon of mesquite flour because it enhances the flavor 10x. You can add raisins or chopped walnuts if you're feeling crazy.

PicturePerfect Explorer
Open Original Shared Link 

Chebe has a Cinnamon mix that you can enhance.    I use extra cinnamon and sugar and put vanilla icing on top.  Like the pillsbury dough boy breakfast buns...  I also add a tablespoon of mesquite flour because it enhances the flavor 10x.  You can add raisins or chopped walnuts if you're feeling crazy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just bought some today! I was going to make some tomorrow.. are they okay without the extra cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla icing? Or are they a major ingredient for the taste??

Just wondering..

Lisa

Jnkmnky Collaborator

They're good enough w/out the extras. Better with the extras, though. You don't have any extra cinnamon & sugar around?? Cream cheese on them tastes good, too.

PicturePerfect Explorer
They're good enough w/out the extras.  Better with the extras, though.  You don't have any extra cinnamon & sugar around??  Cream cheese on them tastes good, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P Yeah we do.. just not the frosting. Kind of slipped my mind.

Thanks!

Lisa

grantschoep Contributor
:P  Yeah we do.. just not the frosting. Kind of slipped my mind.

Thanks!

Lisa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have powdered sugar, and milk, you can make the frosting.

I used to make the cream frosting all the time. Dang I can't remeber exactly, I think it was just powdered sugar and milk. I was probably 8 years old when I was making that, my Mom had showed me, and I decided that putting frosting on everything I ate was a good idea.

• 1 month later...
hipretty Apprentice

I recently saw ener-g brands cinnamon buns in a local health food store. They looked genuine!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I second on kinnikinnick's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was so excited to find this product. I had one roll a weekago Sunday with coffee and oj. About an hr after felt like my small intestine was on fire for about 3 hrs.

Thought it was the acid in the oj. Today had a roll and coffee and in a hr my small intestine hurt and was crampy. I couldn't get on the K website. What in the world could be in the product I can't have if it's gluten-free? I have been trying to cut milk and casine (?) but don't know if it has it in it...Any ideas from you experts?

Judy in Philly

Guest gfinnebraska

I am not sure why the cinnamon rolls from Kinnikinnick would effect you, but their raisin bread effected me. I do not know why, but I ate a couple of slices and then got all my gluten symptoms. I didn't connect it with the raisin bread until I tried it again a few days later and had the same effects. Their donuts do not bother me at all, but I am going to stay away from their bread. IF you figure it out, let me know! I am in the same boat...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I am not sure why the cinnamon rolls from Kinnikinnick would effect you, but their raisin bread effected me.  I do not know why, but I ate a couple of slices and then got all my gluten symptoms.  I didn't connect it with the raisin bread until I tried it again a few days later and had the same effects.  Their donuts do not bother me at all, but I am going to stay away from their bread.  IF you figure it out, let me know!  I am in the same boat...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kimberly

Thanks for your note.

I hadn't noticed on the label that said i should freeze them. I ate one after 2 weeks in the refrig and yesterday it would have been over 3 weeks.

Jenvan told me that maybe they were old. Did you freeze yours.

She also asked if i had a problem with fruit sugar. Don't know about that. But both breads you talked about would have alot of fructose in them. Did you notice if it had casien in them? I didn't notice it...thought it said dairy free....

Just tired of trying to be gluten-free and ending up with stomach aches....

Judy in Philly

Archived