Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Soy?

15 posts in this topic

Well, its currently 3 am where i'm at and i can't sleep at all. I feel like, in whatever position i lay, i'm goin to fall, my limbs feel fatigued, as do my eyes. My allergies are going as well, so thats not helping any.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

The night before last i had to stay up and only get like 2 hours of sleep due to homework -_- but last night i got about 9 and then earlier today i got a small 2 hour nap in.

The only thing different that i have done was take the maximum of my cranberry pills, and the only main problemish thing with them is that they contain soy. OH... and i've still got "C". -_-

I'm so bloody tired that i can't sleep, i've somehow rubbed my tounge on the side of my retainer and its sorta sore (happens every so often).

I also sleep with a wedge pillow to keep my GERD from acting up at night.

Here is what i ate:

rice chex (and two cranberry pills)

peanut butter and honey on corn tortilla (haven't had in a while but sounded good along with two more pills)

chicken, carrot, and rice soup (and the final two pills).

I followed the instructions to a "T" with them, so yeah i don't know.

I'm really tired atm, so i appologize for any errors.

Ads by Google:

Soy does me in. Insomnia is one of my glutening symptoms and soy does the same thing to me. I avoid it like the plague.

Ugh this sucks. I'm bloated, my stomach is trying to kill me, my wonderful monthly gift decided to show up again, my tounge is irritated, and i'm in the middle of a philosophy class. Two hours of sleep is not fun.

Im thinking it was the pills. I do fine with pb and honey along with my corn tortillas. Same with chex and soup.

I hooe it isnt the cranberry part though.

Another idea is that maybe it was cc'd? Its labled gluten free, dye free, dairy freee etc.

I reeeeeallly hope it isn't soy thats doing this though. I mean come on :( its in my bisquick and my alfredo (i'm going to learn how to make it homemade for GP though).

Pretty sure it wasn't dairy as i haven't had any dairy in nearly a week.

Your peanut butter wasn't one of those recalled brands, was it?

How about the peanut butter? Does it have soy? most of them do unless you go for the organic or natural versions.

Nope, its peanuts, sugar, salt, and palm oil. Its skippy all natural :)

Ooh, soy...

Have you had trouble with soy before? Can you eat soy-based things like tofu and soy-sauce and such? Or have those been cut out for a while?

I stopped eating soy around the beginning of the year when I noticed (after cutting out casein a few months before) it made my head all floaty, aggravating my "vertigo" symptoms that had gotten better when I stopped eating dairy. Now, no soy for me and I didn't feel dizzy all the time this summer! Yay! But it sucks. I miss tofu, and it's harder to avoid even than gluten or dairy.

Maybe you should try cutting it out for a while and see if it helps. If it's only in your supplements and such, then it might be something else, but we do get more sensitive to things if we haven't been eating them for a while. So best to cut it out and see.

I hope you feel better soon! You've been having a rough time lately.

Peg

Nope, its peanuts, sugar, salt, and palm oil. Its skippy all natural :)

That's good. lately I've been getting peanut butter at a health food store. They have a grinder so you just flip the switch and fill up a container. Nothing but ground peanuts in it.

I can't eat carrots. We can develop intolerances to any food, so it is good to look at everything and consider eliminating the possible culprits.

Ooh, soy...

Have you had trouble with soy before? Can you eat soy-based things like tofu and soy-sauce and such? Or have those been cut out for a while?

I stopped eating soy around the beginning of the year when I noticed (after cutting out casein a few months before) it made my head all floaty, aggravating my "vertigo" symptoms that had gotten better when I stopped eating dairy. Now, no soy for me and I didn't feel dizzy all the time this summer! Yay! But it sucks. I miss tofu, and it's harder to avoid even than gluten or dairy.

Maybe you should try cutting it out for a while and see if it helps. If it's only in your supplements and such, then it might be something else, but we do get more sensitive to things if we haven't been eating them for a while. So best to cut it out and see.

I hope you feel better soon! You've been having a rough time lately.

Peg

I really haven't. Thats what got me thinking that it might be it.

Yeah, soy is sneaky. It's like, one day you're fine with it and the next day you're not. I was doing fine with soy until suddenly tofu would kill me. Now even small amounts, like soy lectin and such, can bother me (seems to be ok in small amounts if I take a digestive enzyme with it, but I don't buy anything with soy in it any more.)

It's worth a try.

Peg

Well, its currently 3 am where i'm at and i can't sleep at all. I feel like, in whatever position i lay, i'm goin to fall, my limbs feel fatigued, as do my eyes. My allergies are going as well, so thats not helping any.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

The night before last i had to stay up and only get like 2 hours of sleep due to homework -_- but last night i got about 9 and then earlier today i got a small 2 hour nap in.

The only thing different that i have done was take the maximum of my cranberry pills, and the only main problemish thing with them is that they contain soy. OH... and i've still got "C". -_-

I'm so bloody tired that i can't sleep, i've somehow rubbed my tounge on the side of my retainer and its sorta sore (happens every so often).

I also sleep with a wedge pillow to keep my GERD from acting up at night.

Here is what i ate:

rice chex (and two cranberry pills)

peanut butter and honey on corn tortilla (haven't had in a while but sounded good along with two more pills)

chicken, carrot, and rice soup (and the final two pills).

I followed the instructions to a "T" with them, so yeah i don't know.

I'm really tired atm, so i appologize for any errors.

When I was first not aware of my soy allergy, the cranberry pills made me sick. Most cranberry pills contain soy. Avoid them if they don't say soy free. Also, Rice Chex may be gluten free, but their not soy free. Rice Chex have vitamins which most certainly contain soy. Honey, unless it is locally sources is from China... soy again. Your peanut butter is a legume which you should also be avoiding, but some peanut butters contain soy also (hydrogenated vegetable oils). Hope this helps, but basically you ate soy all day that's why you're sick.

Eh, i don't think i have a problem with it then. I eat chex all the time with no issues, the same with peanut butter and honey. I think at the time the cran berry pills were to cause.

I hope you're right! Soy is one of the worst things to avoid. I do ok-ish if I have small amounts, but damn, I miss tofu and real soy sauce, and all that. I might challenge it soon as see what happens, but I don't have high hopes.

Also, cranberry is a diuretic, right? Maybe there are dangers to having too much? Are you taking them as a digestive aid? Maybe find an alternative?

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Peg

I took the max that day because i thoughyt i was starting to get a UTI. I think my stomach just did not like that many of them at once (6, 2 taken after every meal).