4 replies to this topic

#1 MrsSprinkles

MrsSprinkles

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hives or DH presentation? Thoughts please! I was thinking hives but it has been brought to my attention DH can present like hives...but can it come and go like hives? They seem to last 30min to 2hrs then fade but others take their place in other areas...this has only been going on since last night and I have not changed one single thing about my eating or environmental habits.

Could not get the links to work or pics to load so hopefully the below link will navigate you to my pics.

http://www.flickr.co...s/88004869@N05/

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hives or DH presentation? Thoughts please! I was thinking hives but it has been brought to my attention DH can present like hives...but can it come and go like hives? They seem to last 30min to 2hrs then fade but others take their place in other areas...this has only been going on since last night and I have not changed one single thing about my eating or environmental habits.

Could not get the links to work or pics to load so hopefully the below link will navigate you to my pics.

http://www.flickr.co...s/88004869@N05/

eeeek that does not look like fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hives

I've seen the circle on circle type when their clustered close together like in the first image there.

As of right now, i'd call it hives.

Also, hives don't always have to have an allergic trigger.

I broke out in them the day after my gallbladder was out due to the iodine type stuff left on my stomach. It was the small prickly kind and it was hell. Eventually it cleared up on its own.

All i could say now is just to keep the benadryl on hand and if it gets worse go to the ER.

#3 Invictus

Invictus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Absolutely positively, hives

#4 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Yep, looks live hives --- at least it doesn't look like dh. And I've never had nor heard of dh coming & going in 30 min. to 2 hours. Be happy it ISN'T dh! Benadryl is a good idea. Hives can be triggered by stress too, either mental or physical.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#5 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

I can say that in the beginning, my DH acted like hives when it disappeared. It did that "spontaneously remit" thing one time. It wasn't a full- blown rash (compared to what it did later) and I woke up one day and it was almost gone (after hanging around for 3 months). It wasn't gone in an hour but it was down to just pink skin in 24.

I'm not posting this to say its DH, but to tell others that DH can quickly, spontaneously remit. At least once :). Haven't ever had it do it like that since.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: