This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Husband Is The Best.

frenchiemama

frenchiemama Collaborator

He has gone from being totally resistant to even tasting my gluten-free food to agreeing to a gluten free house!!!!!

I think what finally made him decide to go gluten-free at home my most recent glutening. He had been using my cooking utensils, and I got SO sick from using a slotted spatula that must have had a little remnant of gluten stuck in it somewhere. I was vomiting and having D for 3 days straight, and then sick and tired for probably a week afterward.

He felt so bad, and a few days ago he agreed to be gluten-free while at home (he's been eating gluten-free Amy's meals at work, even though I don't care what he eats away from home).

I'm so happy. :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AmandaD Community Regular

My husband and three kids have done the same. It's a Godsend - I don't know how I'd cook two different meals all the time, anyway!!!

Congrats...on converting him.

He has gone from being totally resistant to even tasting my gluten-free food to agreeing to a gluten free house!!!!!

I think what finally made him decide to go gluten-free at home my most recent glutening. He had been using my cooking utensils, and I got SO sick from using a slotted spatula that must have had a little remnant of gluten stuck in it somewhere. I was vomiting and having D for 3 days straight, and then sick and tired for probably a week afterward.

He felt so bad, and a few days ago he agreed to be gluten-free while at home (he's been eating gluten-free Amy's meals at work, even though I don't care what he eats away from home).

I'm so happy. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Aw, that's great!

jenvan Collaborator

That's awesome frenchie!

VydorScope Proficient

Wow I think is the SECOND postive husband thread I ahve seen on this board since I joined... maybe place geting a bit more freindly for us husbands now! :):lol:

beelzebubble Contributor

my husband is fantastic. i mean, really really fantastic. he is so supportive. i do most of the cooking and there has never been a question of there being anything gluteny involved. he also knows how to check to make sure something is gluten free, so whenever he cooks, i know that it's safe. he only goes to the restaurants that i can eat at (at least with me) and never makes me feel like it's an inconvenience. and he's been this way from the first day of my diagnosis. he's such a gem. a resounding cheer for supportive husbands everywhere. they all deserve big, fat, kisses.

skbird Contributor

I have to agree! My husband has been really cool, too. Ever since he agreed to get rid of the toaster oven and his sourdough toast... we're not totally gluten free (he still has crackers and cookies) we're about 80% of the way there. And since he stopped drinking over two weeks ago, no worries about beer kisses, either.

It's wonderful having someone supportive like that. Really makes a difference! Oh, and he loves the Seattle Brown EnerG bread - I bought it to try and found once it made it in the door that it has potato in it (not listed on the web site I bought it from) so I can't eat it. But he thinks it's great. So he's been chowing on that... I think I'll have to buy him some more!

Stephanie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

frenchiemama Collaborator

Yep, no more beer kisses here either. He has stopped drinking beer at home and now joins me in having a Woodchuck.

He has been so great through all of this. He is always looking out for me when we go places, and if he goes somewhere without me he asks if they have anything that I can eat.

He was being very careful in the kitchen with his gluteny food, but apparently "very careful" isn't always careful enough. Anyway, I think it's so nice that he's willing to do this for me, especially since that means no more gluteny frozen pizzas and bread at home (of course he can eat whatever his little heart desires when he's away from home.)

Archived