Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Boozy Pudding

9 posts in this topic

I go this recipe from "The Chew" and we modified it a bit. My boys loved it! They thought you would too. A bit too much alcohol for a 4 year ol child maybe. My version makes them a "finger food". Here's the original:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/mudslide-pudding-clinton-kelly

ingredients

1 box Chocolate Pudding Mix

1/4 Cup Milk

Vodka (to taste)

Coffee Liquour (to taste)

1/2 Cup Irish Cream Liquour

2 Cups Heavy Cream (beat to stiff peaks)

2 Cups Oreo Cookies (chopped)

In a large bowl, combine the chocolate pudding mix, milk, vodka, coffee liquour, irish cream liquor, and mix well. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Fold in the whipped cream.

Arrange small cups or wine glasses and distribute evenly among the glasses. Garnish with chopped oreos and chill in fridge until cold and set.

My verison - it was soooo good! This makes them a finger food, too.

1 box dark Chocolate Pudding Mix

1/4 Cup Milk

Coffee Liquour (Kahlua) large splash

1/2 Cup Irish Cream Liquour

2 Cups Heavy Cream (beat to stiff peaks)

In a large bowl, combine the chocolate pudding mix, milk, vodka, coffee liquour, irish cream liquor, and mix well. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Fold in the whipped cream. Put in pie crusts. Garnish with shaved chocolate.

Pie crust:

2 cups gluten-free chocolate cookies (Pamelas: no cream filling)

1/3 cup butter or margarine, diced small

1 Tblsp rice flour (I just used Pamelas)

Put the cookies, flour & sugar in a food processor (I used my blender) and pulse until you get fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until crumbs form. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased muffin or mini-muffin tins. Bake in the oven at 350F for 4-5 minutes until set.

Could use creme de menthe instead of the Kahlua.

Ads by Google:

I saw the word boozy and had to click into this thread.

Sounds so good. I would do the first one but leave out the cookies, can't eat chocolate. :angry:

Or the second one just as a pudding.

And maybe another one with the creme de menthe.... :D

I saw the word boozy and had to click into this thread.

Sounds so good. I would do the first one but leave out the cookies, can't eat chocolate. :angry:

Or the second one just as a pudding.

And maybe another one with the creme de menthe.... :D

I bet vanilla pudding with the creme de menthe would be yummy and a nice green color! :D

I bet vanilla pudding with the creme de menthe would be yummy and a nice green color! :D

Prettier than the tapioca pudding colored with deep turquoise KoolAid they gave me in the hospital to test my digestion. Couldn't help but think of Jim Jones and Guyana :unsure:

Since we are into puddings, try the vanilla pudding made to recipe on the box with a little cinnamon, a little nutmeg and half a can of sweetened condensed milk. Then put fresh fruit on top. Peaches are especially good. If you are watching your weight, as I am, use fat free sugar free pudding made with skim milk and fat free sweetened condensed milk. Top it all off with fat free Cool Whip. Yummmm.

OMGoodness! Kahlua in pudding and pie?

I've been going without alcohol of late, but do think I may need to try a touch of Kahlua in my Cocoa/Coconut Milk pudding like substance ;)

OMGoodness! Kahlua in pudding and pie?

I've been going without alcohol of late, but do think I may need to try a touch of Kahlua in my Cocoa/Coconut Milk pudding like substance ;)

I add Kahlua to my French Silk Pie recipe, and my teenage daughter revels in telling everyone there is ALCOHOL in it!!

I add Kahlua to my French Silk Pie recipe, and my teenage daughter revels in telling everyone there is ALCOHOL in it!!

I made a french fruit tart for a friend's dinner party, and I can't remember which liqueur it called for now. Later found out a couple of her guests were teetotallers, who ooohed and aaahed over the tart :D I kept me mouf shut.

I made a french fruit tart for a friend's dinner party, and I can't remember which liqueur it called for now. Later found out a couple of her guests were teetotallers, who ooohed and aaahed over the tart :D I kept me mouf shut.

Good plan!! LOL

With French Silk you can't use the old "the alcohol cooks out of it" excuse!