3 replies to this topic

#1 Littllemel

Littllemel

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

I was recently diagnosed with Porphyria. My GI is running more tests to see which type of Porphyria I have but my initial 24 hour urine test came up elevated in porphyrins. I have been poking around the forums and I noticed that heavy metals poisoning can be the problem and not Porphyria. Is there a test my GI DR can do for mercury? She barely believes my "leaky gut" stories and the 2 other GI's I have seen since don't believe it either. I saw the link to the great plains testing but I don't think she'll buy it. Why is it so hard for Dr's to believe that these illnesses occur?? Should I have all of my fillings removed immediately? I have 7!!
Gluten Free since 3/2/2012
Dairy/Soy/Corn Free since 04/06/2012
Leaky Gut 5/2012
Candida 09/2012
Porphyrins in Urine 10/2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

I don't know about the mercury filling if they are a big issue for you or not. I do have some myself though and I feel pretty good most of the time. Congratulations ? on the porphyria diagnosis, you got a rare one! Hopefully someone with some knowledge on it will show up soon. Now that you have an answer hopefully things will start a turn for the better.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#3 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

From what I have been told about fillings, you are better off to leave them in. Removing them can only release the bad stuff. But perhaps you should talk to your dentist about that. I have had a mouthful of fillings. Still have some but most are crowns now.

#4 ndw3363

ndw3363

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

I did heavy metal testing through hair analysis. At the time my levels were good (very high in copper however), but I decided to have my metal fillings changed anyway since one had cracked my tooth. I had a total of 6 replaced and had had them since I was about 14 years old (35 now). So I don't think that metal fillings alone will change mercury levels much. Do you eat a lot of fish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: