10 replies to this topic

#1 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Ever since the fiasco with the spinage and consequently the soy, i've been haveing a on going case of "C". I had some pre all of this, but not to this extreme. Its like my system has been on over loaded ever since that blasted stomach virus.

I mean, i'll go a little, but the cramping and whatnot is still there (thus making it rather unconfortable to go). But its not my normal.

I've tried increaseing my fiber, like yesterday:

one cup of chex
four prunes
peanut butter and honey on a corn tortilla
plain hamburger with some barely cooked apples

No veggies i know, the stuff i have here will make me really gassy so that plus "C" is not a good idea. I'm going to the store today, so thats a good thing. I normally eat quite a bit of veggies (like carrots, brocoli, asparagus, etc.).

I cannot go without having some sort of starch at two out of three meals due to my GERD.

Perhaps i'm just wondering when all this mess will get over. I'm sick of it :(

Any ideas for me?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Sounds as if you are getting enough fiber, how about water?

I find that drinking a lot of water throughout the day keeps the pipes running smoothly :)

Do you take probiotics? Maybe your gut needs some "good guys" after having a stomach bug.

Adding ground flaxseed to your diet may also help.

Is brown rice okay for you?

Just some thoughts.

Hope things turn around for you soon.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 frieze

frieze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

fiber without liquid is a receipe for constipation....and cafeinated drinks do not count for the total of their volume.

#4 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

lol i only drink water, sodas and whatnot cause my GERD to act up >.>

I'll pick up some brown rice.

On the probiotic thing, i generally can't take pills cause they give me a bad sour stomach :(

I think if i keep the high fiber up, then things may go back to normal (I hope).

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

On the probiotic thing, i generally can't take pills cause they give me a bad sour stomach :(

Try a probiotic in powder form maybe?

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

A calcium supplement with magnesium, or just a gluten-free magnesium supplement.
Others mentioned the water.
Coffee.
Dried dates (you can use Larabars for this, altho I don't know if the Larabar people want it advertised that way ;) )

#7 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

i'll look into the powder idea :)

coffee doesn't like me :(

i'll look into the supplements.

#8 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Well guys i just walked about a mile and a half for a school event (to get a free tshirt) and i got my face somewhat painted.

I heard that walking can help with "C" and exercise in general. Mind you i just froze my butt off (its like 30 something outside with misting) but i hope it helps some.

#9 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Absolutely!! Movement... well, brings about "movement". ;)

Yes, exercise, walk, move...this will also help.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#10 SWofKY

SWofKY

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hello. I feel your pain! A few years ago, I got some really good indirect advice from a nurse who told my pastor's wife about a product I'd never heard of. It helped her so much she told me about it. I did a couple of days researching it on the web as I've had chronic stomach troubles for thirty years. Amazing! It was a Godsend. After a few weeks, I found it was cheaper and tastier if I cultured it myself. Anyways, whether I culture it or buy it already made, I truly believe it saved my life. When I finally first tried it, I'd had chronic diarrhea so bad for five days and nights that I could barely sit up and was severely dehydrated, as I could neither eat nor drink fluids. After just 2 cups of the stuff an hour apart, the diarrhea stopped and I recovered quickly. Then, just last year, I got sick with vomiting and diarrhea so bad I spent 13 days in the hospital with IV's and stomach pumps and massive amounts of drugs. Turns out I had over a hundred ulcers and erosions causing such inflammation that I was deathly ill. The doctors told me that had I not been drinking the miracle stuff, the ulcers would have caused me to bleed to death. I don't sell it or anything, I just use it and it's been like a miracle for me. It a probiotic that's like yogurt on steroids! It's great for almost any kind of digestive trouble from constipation to diarrhea to cramps and a host of other yucky stuff. I'd suggest if you want to try it, you read up on it. Just google it, that's what I did. It's called 'Kefir' and I've been using it for five or six years now.

Anyway, I truly hope you get better soon. I know how miserable you must be.
I wish you well.

#11 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

I'm feeling a whole lot better (though the "C" is still sort of there). I guess it just took time to get out of my system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: