Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Recently Diagnosed In College

8 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

You are trying to digest food on a very raw gut. Yes, it is normal for your gut to have a hard time when it is not feeling well. You can help it heal by taking some probiotics, and by taking digestive enzymes with meals. Gluten can suppress the formation of digestive enzymes in the pancreas. Some people also take L-glutamine to help heal the gut.

college student here too i got dx'd my sophmore year :)

yeah thats normal, just go slow and steady. After a few months add some stuff back in.

Yes, digestive enzymes and L-glutamine can help your gut heal. Then, you'll just need to be patient. Eventually, you'll be able to add in some foods...and all will be well.

And don't forget the L-glutamine--it's cheap!

hey guys,

happy i found this forum.. I'm a 4th year college student and although i feel i've been having symptoms of gluten intolerance for a while.. it wasnt until just recently that i really started to research in (due to my following question).

Do any other celiac's out there suffer from severe/widespread tendonitis? I know that it can cause nutrient deficiency and I am/ was a very active person (rock climbing, biking, boarding) and seem to develop tendonitis after about every activity i embark on.

I was recently diagnosed as well (almost a month ago) but I had to withdraw from classes/quit job and move home because in August of course I had no idea what was wrong (nor did any doctor until I saw Dr. Rudert in Atlanta) but I thought I had been eating gluten-free since oct 8th but of course kept accidentally making some mistakes as I got this sorted out so technically I've probably been gluten-free for a week? my point is I am not having as severe stomach pain/spasms but started feeling flu-like with aching muscles and joints and figured withdrawals maybe? sometimes after meals my stomach will hurt a little but I think it's expected since I am really just starting this-especially since the pain is NOTHING like it was from June-September. Gradually getting there & I hope you do to glutenfree015 (I also initially had a false negative)