Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Recently Diagnosed In College

8 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

You are trying to digest food on a very raw gut. Yes, it is normal for your gut to have a hard time when it is not feeling well. You can help it heal by taking some probiotics, and by taking digestive enzymes with meals. Gluten can suppress the formation of digestive enzymes in the pancreas. Some people also take L-glutamine to help heal the gut.

college student here too i got dx'd my sophmore year :)

yeah thats normal, just go slow and steady. After a few months add some stuff back in.

Yes, digestive enzymes and L-glutamine can help your gut heal. Then, you'll just need to be patient. Eventually, you'll be able to add in some foods...and all will be well.

And don't forget the L-glutamine--it's cheap!

hey guys,

happy i found this forum.. I'm a 4th year college student and although i feel i've been having symptoms of gluten intolerance for a while.. it wasnt until just recently that i really started to research in (due to my following question).

Do any other celiac's out there suffer from severe/widespread tendonitis? I know that it can cause nutrient deficiency and I am/ was a very active person (rock climbing, biking, boarding) and seem to develop tendonitis after about every activity i embark on.

I was recently diagnosed as well (almost a month ago) but I had to withdraw from classes/quit job and move home because in August of course I had no idea what was wrong (nor did any doctor until I saw Dr. Rudert in Atlanta) but I thought I had been eating gluten-free since oct 8th but of course kept accidentally making some mistakes as I got this sorted out so technically I've probably been gluten-free for a week? my point is I am not having as severe stomach pain/spasms but started feeling flu-like with aching muscles and joints and figured withdrawals maybe? sometimes after meals my stomach will hurt a little but I think it's expected since I am really just starting this-especially since the pain is NOTHING like it was from June-September. Gradually getting there & I hope you do to glutenfree015 (I also initially had a false negative)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• antibiotic for my 6 year old- could it have gluten?
      My 6 year old just got prescribed an antibiotic (keflex) and is the liquid pink stuff they give kids.  I just realized I didn't ask if it was gluten free when I picked it up from the pharmacy!  Anyone know if I should be concerned?  Does that pink stuff have gluten?
    • Oat Flour making me sick?
      We suspect my 6 year old cannot tolerate gluten-free oats either... do we need to treat them just like wheat as far as CC issues?  Should I not cook oatmeal in pots that we prepare her food in?
    • In Dire Need Of Help
      Having anxiety is a major symptom of celiac disease per many of our members on this forum (including me).  These are the tests needed for diagnosing celiac disease but the catch is that you need to be consuming gluten in order for them to be valid.   http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/ Your GP or PCD doctor can order the panel.  Try to go for the complete panel.  Often just the TTG tests are given in order to save costs.  It's good, but does not catch all celiacs. I hope you get relief!  
    • In Dire Need Of Help
      You need to have your adrenal glands checked. I was diagnosed with celiac after my adrenal glands started to shut down. Since then I have met at least 3 others that had the same thing happen. It was missed 3 times in the hospital, for some reason the adrenals often get missed.  It sounds like the latter stages of hypo adrenalism, not adrenal fatigue. Research it to see if that seems like what you are going through and make sure you find a dr that knows how to diagnose and treat it
    • In Dire Need Of Help
      Hi my name is Alex and I am 23 years old. I am suffering so badly right now in life. Everyday I have multiple, very severe panic attacks. I have called 911 many times in the last 6 months. I am suffering with vertigo, intense weakness and pains, I can not digest anything, I have terrible acid reflux, I can't sleep, I can't relax, my heart constantly palpitates, my breathing is "forced labor" all day. I am suffering in a mental fog. I have been from doctor to hospital to doctor and every EKG comes back normal, every doctor says the same thing, I am struggling with anxiety and they write me whatever prescription of the week they are offering  I recently took it upon myself to cut gluten out of my diet, and wallah! I felt like I did in high school within 2 days. I work in NYC and many times it is nearly impossible to find something containing no gluten, and many times when I ask they tell me "No Gluten" and I eat whatever food I ordered (probably salad w/ dressing) and i find myself driving home in a terrible panic attack. Panic is my main symptom. I have not been diagnosed yet, but the difference from how I feel and how to the people around me tell me I act I am 100% convinced. The question I'm having is, what do you think? Is it possible I have Celiac? Can panic be the main symptom? I'm telling you right now, my anxiety is unlike anything anyone has ever seen. I lay on the ground for 2 hours with numb limbs feeling like I am having a stroke unable to talk to anyone. I have 2 of these a day. Please let me know your thoughts. I truly am a novice with all of this. I am suffering and I need help. Thanks
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ruth Dana