15 replies to this topic

#16 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Put the tape measure away. It will drive you neurotic! I used to be the same way with the scales when trying to lose weight. If you're going to measure, don't do it more often than once per month. Our bodies are never stable, and checking from one day to the next is not a good way to measure change.

Do your clothes feel looser around the middle? That's the best way to gauge if your mid-section is less bloated.

With the tape measure I am trying to see if there is an unusual variance in my tummy. There definatly is. One time way back I ate pizza and swelled 9 inches over night. And no I don't usual measure every night.

Now, my clothes feel baggier -when I can feel them. Usually, I don't feel them, because I an numb. Besides these pants have been baggy for a couple of years! They stay up, though. When they get caught on the spare tires, they stay up way too well. The capris I bought last spring were hopelessly too tight at the beginning. They are always under my dress, so nobody cares if they are too tight. They are no longer too tight, so there you go! But it might be just a fluke. Maybe they grew, or maybe tomorrow they wll be way too tight. I have seen that before.

I always do like to analyze the process, so please bear with me and don't worry I will be neurotic. Yes, I stick out like a fish out of water, but they can be really determined. Picture a salmon going up a mountain stream. I've been fighting this a long, long time. The home stream I am going to may be just ahead.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: