Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Found Something For Inflammation

138 posts in this topic

I totally LOOKED at my teapot tonight! I almost even put water on to boil. :lol: Maybe later, when I'm not trying to cook 600 things.

Ads by Google:

I totally LOOKED at my teapot tonight! I almost even put water on to boil. :lol: Maybe later, when I'm not trying to cook 600 things.

600? babes, how many burners does your stove have?? :lol: take care of you right now. xx

Okay okay, I was cooking 3 things. Taters, green beans and a burger. But it felt like a 600.

Started my nettle tea today! Will see what sorts of things happen.

I will have to add this to my cabinet. Thanks for the tip.

Tomorrow will be two weeks of drinking a cup per day, some days two. Positive things that I cannot prove are connected to the tea, but I am hopeful.

Accidental glutening symptoms were less severe than in the past. The gluten was from almonds packaged on the same lines as gluten and was obvious within half hour of ingestion. My symptoms are usually severe for five days. This time they were slightly less severe and lasted for 3 or 4.

I have had far more "vertical" time over the past two weeks. I was feeling quite ill one day and skipped the tea - the following day my joint/muscle pain was much worse.

Again, nothing conclusive - but everything promising. Off to drink my morning tea biggrin.gif

AWESOME!!!!!

No supplements, teas, or herbs (or making sacrifices to the gods) seem to help me.

I have decided to just do it full throttle --after doing is "sort of", I went full paleo 4 days ago.

No grains, dairy, legumes, sugar , soy (those last three were easy--I don't eat soy at all, sugar whips me up like a 3 year old

on Christmas Eve and causes insomnia and except for chili and soups, beans are not a big part of my diet. Hate peas. Peanuts are not a big deal to me either). Cheese, rice, white potatoes--these are tough to sacrifice. sigh.

But anyone who has gone full paleo --AVR included--has reported a reduction in inflammation, so I have to do it. The pain is maddening.

I'll keep you posted. (..........but cavemen drank gin, right? :unsure: )

Yes, grains and sugar are culprits for my inflammation and so staying away from them has done wonders for me. I do however eat aged cheese and white potatoes but very limited on the potatoes. The potatoes don't seem to give me issues.

Yes, grains and sugar are culprits for my inflammation and so staying away from them has done wonders for me. I do however eat aged cheese and white potatoes but very limited on the potatoes. The potatoes don't seem to give me issues.

This is very encouraging, A--thanks. Actually, anyone I know who has gone paleo says they feel great for doing so.

I'll stick with it--- and let you know. I appreciate you telling us how well you are doing. I remember when you first came on and

at the time, we both still felt so poorly. We have made great strides!

Healing happens. :)

Edited to add:

I have to correct myself. I am not "paleo", I am PRIMAL.

I have done more research and apparently, there are a few distinctions.

Primal it is.

Edited by IrishHeart

IrishHeart, you are so correct about the pain I was in, it was terrible! I feel for all of the newbies with the same issues. What I can say is 'don't give up, don't stop trying, continue to find what works for you body.' I think people thought I had lost my mind, a real freak but I had to do what made me feel better. I have learned an awful lot in the last 2 years. Feel better now than I have in many years. My husband even mentioned he sees a huge difference in me.

Wanted to share this link also. I have been doing yoga and have finally got rid of the nerve pain (pins and needles) in my feet due to 2 bulging discs in my back but I was also having a different type of nerve pain in one of my feet...podiatrist said the nerves were inflamed....he tried various treatments including a cortizone shot to the foot which lasted about 6 months and then the pain came back. I am also finally noticing a difference in this pain and I don't think it is from the yoga, I could be wrong. I think it is from the nettle tea. http://www.livestrong.com/article/17727-natural-treatments-peripheral-neuropathy/

IrishHeart, you are so correct about the pain I was in, it was terrible! I feel for all of the newbies with the same issues. What I can say is 'don't give up, don't stop trying, continue to find what works for you body.' I think people thought I had lost my mind, a real freak but I had to do what made me feel better. I have learned an awful lot in the last 2 years. Feel better now than I have in many years.

I say the same: never give up. Stay the course. I am slowly coming back from the walking dead and I have learned an awful lot in the last 2 years, too. :)

I am still drinking the nettle tea. Maybe it takes longer for me to see results. I do some yoga as well -- and like you, I feel better--- and I will continue to try anything to reduce inflammation and get out of this pain. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I am thrilled for you!!

I stopped the tea. I was having stomach issues. I don't think the tea was the issue, butn I stopped it. My joints are hurting today, but I did a lot of UP and down these bleachers (first step at 2 foot off the ground) and no back rest, etc. Might try to find the tart cherry stuff Patti mentioned.

I stopped the tea. I was having stomach issues. I don't think the tea was the issue, butn I stopped it. My joints are hurting today, but I did a lot of UP and down these bleachers (first step at 2 foot off the ground) and no back rest, etc. Might try to find the tart cherry stuff Patti mentioned.

Man, bleacher seats are the worst!

I got the Knudsen brand Tart Cherry, K -- I found it in the grocery store in the "natural" aisle.

I throw it in my smoothie or as Patti suggested, it's good in some seltzer with lime. I'm sore from stacking wood, so I hear ya on the "squawking joints". Damn you, inflammation!! (picture me with my fist raised dramatically to the sky....)

I'm holding solid at two cups per day - last week went 1.5 days without and ended up with very stiff, achy and sore for a few days...can't prove it was lack of tea...but I am much improved since I've been back on two cups per day. Tuesday will be four weeks on tea and 5 or 6 with no other supplements. Hard to know it's the tea as it may just be the length of time since my diet was tightened up - still promising.

Teen son with sinus and gerd issues that were improved gluten-free, but have never cleared - he's been permanently stuffy for years...is claiming very, very minor improvement at one cup per day and wants to continue for now. I do hear less morning hacking cough from him :)

Adult daughter with very serious AI symptoms from five AIs will be joining our experiment this week.

I've been brewing the tea in the morning, and then a few hours reusing the teabag.

Does this have any value or should I be getting a new tea bag each time?

I don't use teabags, I just buy dried nettle. Unless it isn't available as an herb I don't commonly buy tea bags, although I do keep some around the house of my favorite bedtime tea out of sheer laziness. Anyway, in both cases, with bags and herbs I always use them twice. I just leave it in a little longer the second time around. Omg, if I ever threw out a teabag or herbs after one steep and my grammy found out? She'd disown me!

I use tea bags...have tried making a second cup with them and it was pretty light -- I do let mine steep for a long time with the initial use, so not much left for the second round. My son's lets his steep for only a couple minutes....his may be able to make it for a second round.

i just leave the tea bag in the cup until it's cool enough to drink, then I drink it, and brew another. It

definitely gets just as dark the second time around for me. And it tastes the same.

If it is just as dark...I'd say you are good to go :)

I've been mixing the nettle tea with chamomile, as I've needed the relaxing effects

as of late, and there's only so many cups of tea I need to be drinking in a day. Is

that ok to do? So many questions...!

Chemistry according to G :blink: :blink: gle says it goes great together and the combo is suggested as a remedy for hay fever :D

Chemistry according to G :blink: :blink: gle says it goes great together and the combo is suggested as a remedy for hay fever :D

yes, but will it cure my addiction to Ba--CON!?

(see what I did there? that's a cross-over thread right there! ta da. Nailed it.)

I am drinking my nettle tea right now because you all are saying it helped. I will keep at it..

IH waves at Bunz!! let's sip our tea together.

IH, are you sure you are not back on the tonic today?

A friend got me some nettle and peppermint so I'll give that a spin I think :)

She's been drinkin somethin'..... :ph34r:

IH, are you sure you are not back on the tonic today?

A friend got me some nettle and peppermint so I'll give that a spin I think :)

what's tonic? tonic water? blech....nope.

She's been drinkin somethin'..... :ph34r:

I told you...tea. Just tea.

Could I multi - quote otherwise? ;) You all know I am mutli-quote challenged.