137 replies to this topic

#136 Skittles

Skittles

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I read where a couple of people were talking about it healing inflamation. Are you talking about inflamation in the stomach? Just wondering because my stomach gets swollen sometimes if I eat something that doesn't agree with me. And it isn't always just gas.. sometimes it just feels inflammed.
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#137 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I read where a couple of people were talking about it healing inflamation. Are you talking about inflamation in the stomach? Just wondering because my stomach gets swollen sometimes if I eat something that doesn't agree with me. And it isn't always just gas.. sometimes it just feels inflammed.

Sorry no one answered -- inflammation everywhere in the body for me.

Update regarding Nettle Tea:

My son and I are still drinking once daily - he has one tea bag and I use two bags and let mine steep for a long time. We have found that if we skip a day or two our issues - my joint pain and abdomen bloat return slightly -- his sinuses become more stuffy -- this still has not cleared completely -- but is much improved since he has been drinking the tea.

I have found a reason that nettle tea is working for me -- it is a natural anti-histamine and I have recently found the connection between histamine containing and histamine stimulating foods to some of my unresolved symptoms -- I had already previously removed many histamine containing foods because many of them also contain lectins - removing them all has helped A LOT :)

Have been looking for a good - easy to understand list of histamine intolerance for the past month or so and found a very nice one yesterday -- here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.allergyuk...Intolerance.pdf

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#138 Skittles

Skittles

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thanks GotttaSki
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: