This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Found Something For Inflammation

AVR1962

AVR1962 Collaborator

Just wanted to add something else benficial I found that I am relating to the tea. I have tight muscles and connective tissues in my legs and shoulders. My physical therapist keeps telling me I need to find the reason. I get a deep tissue massage 1-2 times a month and every time is painful, to a the point of near tears....not something I look fwd to but understand it is needed. Last Fri was my first massage since drinking the tea.....amazing, seriously amazing, only a little tightness in left calf and right shoulder. I contribute the difference to the tea. No change in my nerve pain or the pain in my low back from my bulging discs but I am not expecting that either.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Hey, take what you can get, right?

Glad your massage was pleasant for once! Aren't they nice when they don't hurt?

bartfull Rising Star

Well, I finally got around to trying it. I thought it tasted pretty good. I bought loose tea and made it in my french press.

And this morning I woke up to a psoriasis flare! :angry: Probably salicylate related. This really stinks. Every time I find something good for me, I find out it's bad for me.

Being that today is "National Grouch Day", I must say I am in the spirit for it. GRRRR...

GottaSki Mentor

Well, I finally got around to trying it. I thought it tasted pretty good. I bought loose tea and made it in my french press.

And this morning I woke up to a psoriasis flare! :angry: Probably salicylate related. This really stinks. Every time I find something good for me, I find out it's bad for me.

Being that today is "National Grouch Day", I must say I am in the spirit for it. GRRRR...

That stinks :angry:

Hope you are feeling much better very soon!

Coryad Rookie

What??? How did I not know this? :o

And I also suffer from inflammation so I will get some nettle tea this week... this board is so helpful :)

Oscar Apprentice

Bring it on!

Harumph!

IrishHeart Veteran

Bring it on!

Harumph!

I love you, Oscar, you trashy thing you!!!.

Even I feel a tad grouchy today. :unsure: Must be the "weather".

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Here's my unscientific results so far:

I have had 1 cup a day (from tea bags). I was noticing that some stiffness in joints seemed less. Yesterday, I didn't have any. Woke up several times with pain in hips and shoulders. My feet and fingers are stiff this morning.

I'm drinking some right now!

jerseyangel Proficient

For the past week, I have added 2 tablespoons of tart cherry juice concentrate in addition to the tea. Too early, probably, to tell if that is going to have an effect but the tea seems to ease the stiffness a bit.

Roda Rising Star

I bought some but haven't tried it yet. Will soon.

GottaSki Mentor

Tomorrow will be two weeks of drinking a cup per day, some days two. Positive things that I cannot prove are connected to the tea, but I am hopeful.

Accidental glutening symptoms were less severe than in the past. The gluten was from almonds packaged on the same lines as gluten and was obvious within half hour of ingestion. My symptoms are usually severe for five days. This time they were slightly less severe and lasted for 3 or 4.

I have had far more "vertical" time over the past two weeks. I was feeling quite ill one day and skipped the tea - the following day my joint/muscle pain was much worse.

Again, nothing conclusive - but everything promising. Off to drink my morning tea :D

IrishHeart Veteran

I have had a cup a day for 10 days and did not notice any significant reduction in

the joint pain as yet.

I always remain hopeful, however, and will continue. It may kick in eventually!

jerseyangel Proficient

For the past week, I have added 2 tablespoons of tart cherry juice concentrate in addition to the tea. Too early, probably, to tell if that is going to have an effect but the tea seems to ease the stiffness a bit.

Quoting myself, but last night was the first time I could lay down comfortably without my knees/legs aching. This morning, I was able to go outside and rake/spot seed the front lawn. The stairs are easier too today. Compared to just yesterday, I would say my pain/stiffness went from an 8 to a 2.

I think the tart cherry juice is having an effect--my eczema is also calmer today.

If the tea isn't quite cutting it, the juice might be worth a try. I use 2 tablespoons tart cherry juice, club soda, and ice. You can also just take it off the spoon, as you would cough medicine.

IrishHeart Veteran

Compared to just yesterday, I would say my pain/stiffness went from an 8 to a 2.

I think the tart cherry juice is having an effect--my eczema is also calmer today.

This is really interesting, Patti! A few years ago, I had my Dad drinking tart cherry juice for gout which developed with his kidney disease as it helps to flush out uric acid (which of course, causes major pain in the joints). A study out of OSHU in Oregon says it helps with inflammation in muscles of runners/athletes--and you are living proof.

Going from a pain level of 8 to a 2 sounds amazing. Thanks for the suggestion.

jerseyangel Proficient

You're welcome :)

kareng Grand Master

I think the tart cherry juice is having an effect--my eczema is also calmer toda

If the tea isn't quite cutting it, the juice might be worth a try. I use 2 tablespoons tart cherry juice, club soda, and ice. You can also just take it off the spoon, as you would cough medicine.

I think you forgot the vodka in this recipe! :D

Is this something you get at WF?

jerseyangel Proficient

Is this something you get at WF?

wodka <snort>

You can get it at WF, I got mine at my lil' local health food store. It's quite tasty :)

IrishHeart Veteran

:lol: I'm glad you said it......

GottaSki Mentor

I can see this statement in my future.

"Really Hon, I'm drinking this tart cherry martini to reduce inflammation!"

Thanks for the idea Patti - I am going to try adding to the tea soon :)

jerseyangel Proficient

"Really Hon, I'm drinking this tart cherry martini to reduce inflammation!"

:lol: Certainly couldn't hurt!

IrishHeart Veteran

.....and if you're bombed, you don't notice the pain as much. :D

GottaSki Mentor

Tried and true ;)

mushroom Proficient

Tsk, tsk, docs do not approve of self-medication you know :PB)

IrishHeart Veteran

Tsk, tsk, docs do not approve of self-medication you know :PB)

:lol: perhaps not, but do I seem like I give a rat's butt what docs think-- because they've been so helpful up to now...??

mushroom Proficient

:lol: perhaps not, but do I seem like I give a rat's butt what docs think-- because they've been so helpful up to now...??

SUCH lack of respect :rolleyes:

Archived