137 replies to this topic

#106 AVR1962

AVR1962

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Tomorrow will be two weeks of drinking a cup per day, some days two. Positive things that I cannot prove are connected to the tea, but I am hopeful.

Accidental glutening symptoms were less severe than in the past. The gluten was from almonds packaged on the same lines as gluten and was obvious within half hour of ingestion. My symptoms are usually severe for five days. This time they were slightly less severe and lasted for 3 or 4.

I have had far more "vertical" time over the past two weeks. I was feeling quite ill one day and skipped the tea - the following day my joint/muscle pain was much worse.

Again, nothing conclusive - but everything promising. Off to drink my morning tea Posted Image

AWESOME!!!!!
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#107 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

No supplements, teas, or herbs (or making sacrifices to the gods) seem to help me.
I have decided to just do it full throttle --after doing is "sort of", I went full paleo 4 days ago.
No grains, dairy, legumes, sugar , soy (those last three were easy--I don't eat soy at all, sugar whips me up like a 3 year old
on Christmas Eve and causes insomnia and except for chili and soups, beans are not a big part of my diet. Hate peas. Peanuts are not a big deal to me either). Cheese, rice, white potatoes--these are tough to sacrifice. sigh.

But anyone who has gone full paleo --AVR included--has reported a reduction in inflammation, so I have to do it. The pain is maddening.

I'll keep you posted. (..........but cavemen drank gin, right? :unsure: )

Yes, grains and sugar are culprits for my inflammation and so staying away from them has done wonders for me. I do however eat aged cheese and white potatoes but very limited on the potatoes. The potatoes don't seem to give me issues.

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#108 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yes, grains and sugar are culprits for my inflammation and so staying away from them has done wonders for me. I do however eat aged cheese and white potatoes but very limited on the potatoes. The potatoes don't seem to give me issues.

This is very encouraging, A--thanks. Actually, anyone I know who has gone paleo says they feel great for doing so.
I'll stick with it--- and let you know. I appreciate you telling us how well you are doing. I remember when you first came on and
at the time, we both still felt so poorly. We have made great strides!

Healing happens. :)

Edited to add:

I have to correct myself. I am not "paleo", I am PRIMAL.

I have done more research and apparently, there are a few distinctions.

Primal it is.

Edited by IrishHeart, 03 November 2012 - 11:56 AM.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#109 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

IrishHeart, you are so correct about the pain I was in, it was terrible! I feel for all of the newbies with the same issues. What I can say is 'don't give up, don't stop trying, continue to find what works for you body.' I think people thought I had lost my mind, a real freak but I had to do what made me feel better. I have learned an awful lot in the last 2 years. Feel better now than I have in many years. My husband even mentioned he sees a huge difference in me.

Wanted to share this link also. I have been doing yoga and have finally got rid of the nerve pain (pins and needles) in my feet due to 2 bulging discs in my back but I was also having a different type of nerve pain in one of my feet...podiatrist said the nerves were inflamed....he tried various treatments including a cortizone shot to the foot which lasted about 6 months and then the pain came back. I am also finally noticing a difference in this pain and I don't think it is from the yoga, I could be wrong. I think it is from the nettle tea. http://www.livestron...ral-neuropathy/

#110 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

IrishHeart, you are so correct about the pain I was in, it was terrible! I feel for all of the newbies with the same issues. What I can say is 'don't give up, don't stop trying, continue to find what works for you body.' I think people thought I had lost my mind, a real freak but I had to do what made me feel better. I have learned an awful lot in the last 2 years. Feel better now than I have in many years.

I say the same: never give up. Stay the course. I am slowly coming back from the walking dead and I have learned an awful lot in the last 2 years, too. :)

I am still drinking the nettle tea. Maybe it takes longer for me to see results. I do some yoga as well -- and like you, I feel better--- and I will continue to try anything to reduce inflammation and get out of this pain. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I am thrilled for you!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#111 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

I stopped the tea. I was having stomach issues. I don't think the tea was the issue, butn I stopped it. My joints are hurting today, but I did a lot of UP and down these bleachers (first step at 2 foot off the ground) and no back rest, etc. Might try to find the tart cherry stuff Patti mentioned.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#112 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

I stopped the tea. I was having stomach issues. I don't think the tea was the issue, butn I stopped it. My joints are hurting today, but I did a lot of UP and down these bleachers (first step at 2 foot off the ground) and no back rest, etc. Might try to find the tart cherry stuff Patti mentioned.

Man, bleacher seats are the worst!

I got the Knudsen brand Tart Cherry, K -- I found it in the grocery store in the "natural" aisle.
I throw it in my smoothie or as Patti suggested, it's good in some seltzer with lime. I'm sore from stacking wood, so I hear ya on the "squawking joints". Damn you, inflammation!! (picture me with my fist raised dramatically to the sky....)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#113 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm holding solid at two cups per day - last week went 1.5 days without and ended up with very stiff, achy and sore for a few days...can't prove it was lack of tea...but I am much improved since I've been back on two cups per day. Tuesday will be four weeks on tea and 5 or 6 with no other supplements. Hard to know it's the tea as it may just be the length of time since my diet was tightened up - still promising.

Teen son with sinus and gerd issues that were improved gluten-free, but have never cleared - he's been permanently stuffy for years...is claiming very, very minor improvement at one cup per day and wants to continue for now. I do hear less morning hacking cough from him :)

Adult daughter with very serious AI symptoms from five AIs will be joining our experiment this week.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#114 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

I've been brewing the tea in the morning, and then a few hours reusing the teabag.
Does this have any value or should I be getting a new tea bag each time?
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#115 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I don't use teabags, I just buy dried nettle. Unless it isn't available as an herb I don't commonly buy tea bags, although I do keep some around the house of my favorite bedtime tea out of sheer laziness. Anyway, in both cases, with bags and herbs I always use them twice. I just leave it in a little longer the second time around. Omg, if I ever threw out a teabag or herbs after one steep and my grammy found out? She'd disown me!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#116 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

I use tea bags...have tried making a second cup with them and it was pretty light -- I do let mine steep for a long time with the initial use, so not much left for the second round. My son's lets his steep for only a couple minutes....his may be able to make it for a second round.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#117 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

i just leave the tea bag in the cup until it's cool enough to drink, then I drink it, and brew another. It
definitely gets just as dark the second time around for me. And it tastes the same.

#118 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

If it is just as dark...I'd say you are good to go :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#119 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I've been mixing the nettle tea with chamomile, as I've needed the relaxing effects
as of late, and there's only so many cups of tea I need to be drinking in a day. Is
that ok to do? So many questions...!

#120 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Chemistry according to G :blink: :blink: gle says it goes great together and the combo is suggested as a remedy for hay fever :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: