Celiac.com Sponsor:

#122 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Chemistry according to G :blink: :blink: gle says it goes great together and the combo is suggested as a remedy for hay fever :D

yes, but will it cure my addiction to Ba--CON!?

(see what I did there? that's a cross-over thread right there! ta da. Nailed it.)

I am drinking my nettle tea right now because you all are saying it helped. I will keep at it..

IH waves at Bunz!! let's sip our tea together.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#123 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

IH, are you sure you are not back on the tonic today?

A friend got me some nettle and peppermint so I'll give that a spin I think :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#124 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

She's been drinkin somethin'..... :ph34r:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#125 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

IH, are you sure you are not back on the tonic today?

A friend got me some nettle and peppermint so I'll give that a spin I think :)

what's tonic? tonic water? blech....nope.

She's been drinkin somethin'..... :ph34r:

I told you...tea. Just tea.
Could I multi - quote otherwise? ;) You all know I am mutli-quote challenged.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#126 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Fair point :o
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#127 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Six weeks on tea - eight weeks without all other supplements.

Tea is steeped very dark - twice per day -- I'm currently using two teabags in the morning and reusing them for second cup.

Am still slowly improving - more hours vertical.

Have added almonds back into diet - Happy Dance :wub:

Might lose the only high lectin food that remained in my diet - the incredible edible egg - going without for 7-10 days to see if it helps.

Not certain tea is reason for improvement - but seems to be partially responsible - when I don't drink it I feel worse -- again not scientific but remains promising.

Son stopped for almost a week - reflux did not worsen, but sinuses did - he's back on one cup per day.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#128 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

I think the tea was upsetting my stomach. Just a blech feeling. Tried Patti's sour cherry drink - it's a really god cherry limeade! So yummy but it isn't helping my joints. My hips are getting worse. So I'm trying this from Rosetapper. The oils have no taste in some Sunny D ( left over from Thanksgiving for the nephews) but it is oily. Only been doing it 2 days, so I'll report back.

Rosetapper:

"That said, I can give you a couple of remedies that should work for your muscles and joints. First, you should take chelated manganese, which you may be deficient in and which is extremely necessary for the health of your muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Secondly, if you take 1/2 teaspoon of organic flaxseed oil and 3/4 teaspoon of organic safflower oil and mix them in a smoothie or glass of juice once a day, your muscles will stop aching almost immediately. Your joints should start feeling better, too, in a few days. I'm pretty sure these remedies will help you out--good luck! "

http://www.celiac.co...ed/#entry839613

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#129 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

I think the tea was upsetting my stomach. Just a blech feeling. Tried Patti's sour cherry drink - it's a really god cherry limeade! So yummy but it isn't helping my joints. My hips are getting worse. So I'm trying this from Rosetapper. The oils have no taste in some Sunny D ( left over from Thanksgiving for the nephews) but it is oily. Only been doing it 2 days, so I'll report back.

Same here with the nettle tea and my gut. Had to stop it.
I tried ginger tea--steeped it. Very good for gut, no help with bones/joints
Love the tart cherry juice and seltzer with lime, but no help with the ouchies.
I tried the omega oils for 2 months--for my muscles and connective tissues.....I did not notice anything.

Not being a downer, just honest. As I always am.

Hope they work for you, K!
Rosetapper has good luck with that protocol for her muscles.

I am off grains again. I started to notice less pain and overall, just better energy, etc.after 3 weeks...then at THanX, I had some grains....and the pain shot right back up.
well, Duh, Irish....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#130 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

I stopped the nettle tea also. I kept some for trying later, but don't drink it every day now. Same thing with peppermint tea. I don't think people should drink it every day either. Ginger tea worked for a while, but I had to stop it also. And cinnamon, and chocolate tea. Some things seem to be ok in small occasional quantities, but not in constant consumption. At least for me that's how it works.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#131 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

A friend of mine has life-threatening gout. He tried the cherry juice and it helped some, but then he started taking celery seed capsules (from the health food store). His gout which used to flare up on him every few days has not bothered him in MONTHS now. They say it is great for arthritis pain too.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#132 Skittles

Skittles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

wow thats amazing! What is nettle tea? Is it like an herbal tea? also, can you just get it at the grocery store? or health food stores?

Wanted to share this....I have been on a gluten-free diet for 1 1/2 years but for the longest time still having issues.....something in my body was being attacked randomly like a wild fire. I went completely grain free, sugar free 6 months ago and FINALLY after over a year the buzzing in my ears went away. If I did have any corn or rice I noticed my hands would get tight and my feet would hurt. So I tried nettle tea which claimed to help with inflammation.....BINGO, it worked!!!! I drank a cup every day the first week, now I drink a cup every other day and I can now have small amounts of corn and rice without my hands and feet hurting, and no more ringing in my ears!!!!

Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

#133 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I get mine reasonably priced and delivered from Amazon. I have seen it at both the health food store and regular grocery store -- at the grocery it was labeled for prostate.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#134 Skittles

Skittles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

thanks! :)
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

#135 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

wow thats amazing! What is nettle tea? Is it like an herbal tea? also, can you just get it at the grocery store? or health food stores?

Skittles, nettle tea is made from the weed/plant, nettle. Have you ever heard of stringing nettle? It is a tall green plant that grows wild at least in Europe, not sure where all it grows. There are some teas that come mixed but I actually like the one that is nothing but nettles.

After my first week of more of daily nettle tea I backed off to 1-2 cups per week only steeping the tea for approx 1 minute (otherwise it is too strong for me) and I have not had any inflammation issues since. My body is no longer on fire and I am no longer chasing the next health issue. I actually feel normal now.

My husband has problems with gout and has been using the tea as long as I have and is reaping the benefits himself. We ran out at one point and he noticed he started having cramping in the arches of his feet which he had not even realized had gone away. He feels the tea keeps the cramps in his feet away. He drinks the tea almost daily but my body is super hyper sensative so I have to be real careful.
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: