Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Need To Fast Before Any Of These Blood Tests?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 deals88

deals88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Heyy got my blood tests at 7am 2maro morning which is 12 hours from now, I know i dont have to do a 24 hour fast but is there any of the tests below which require a few hours of no eating. THank you

Full blood count, Glucose random, Liver function tests, Thyroid function test and Urea and electrolytes for gp and ESR

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Honestly, just don't eat after midnight, and you'll be fine. You got an early one (which is very good for blood tests), so no worries about fasting there. You can have a nice big breakfast afterward.

#3 guest134

guest134

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

The only blood test that requires fasting is glucose fasting, you are taking random glucose so you should NOT be fasting. If you go in with a fasting glucose when your doctor requested random he/she may think you are on your way to being pre diabetic when you are fine. Be sure to let your doctor know whether or not you have eaten in the event you get called for odd results.

#4 deals88

deals88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Honestly, just don't eat after midnight, and you'll be fine. You got an early one (which is very good for blood tests), so no worries about fasting there. You can have a nice big breakfast afterward.

Thx i got them done today results will be ready on friday he said so il post them if theres anything strange.

The only blood test that requires fasting is glucose fasting, you are taking random glucose so you should NOT be fasting. If you go in with a fasting glucose when your doctor requested random he/she may think you are on your way to being pre diabetic when you are fine. Be sure to let your doctor know whether or not you have eaten in the event you get called for odd results.

Thx mate i did not fast, didnt know that test was for being diabetic. Its strange ive been tested for diabetes like four times when i was younger and never had it. Get my results friday so il post them up. thx again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: