2 replies to this topic

#1 user853

user853

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

I expected to pay a bit out of pocket for my endoscopy, and have no problems with the $150 that the gastro's office is expecting. But, my insurance company only chipped in $25 to the histology lab, leaving me on the hook for $350 (in addition to the $150 above)! Does that sound right?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Its hard to know. Everyone's insurance is different. Maybe you haven't met the deductable for that? Call the insurance company and ask for an explanation.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 user853

user853

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

I have used my medical insurance extensively (ha!) and never been denied/not covered on a laboratory charge. So, I was just wondering if this was something that was common before I call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: