Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten-Free Pizzeria - Westchester County Ny

4 posts in this topic

Found a really good place in Hastings on Hudson NY (Westchester County) called Slices Pizza (Main Street downtown). A lot of specailty pizzas and pastas, well worth a visit. Their website doesn't highlight gluten-free, but all pizza and (I think) all pasta dishes are available: www.sliceshastings.com

Ads by Google:

Found a really good place in Hastings on Hudson NY (Westchester County) called Slices Pizza (Main Street downtown). A lot of specailty pizzas and pastas, well worth a visit. Their website doesn't highlight gluten-free, but all pizza and (I think) all pasta dishes are available: www.sliceshastings.com

Did you go down the street to by the way bakery for dessert? It's a 100% gluten-free / DF bakery.

Was just in Tarrytown getting a haircut and next door http://www.mrnicksbrickovenpizza.com/ has a sign in the window "gluten-free Pizza". I went in to ask about it and as soon as I said gluten-free Mr Nick says "Oh don't worry, I will make you any pizza you want with gluten-free toppings, I'm very careful, cook it in a separate tin (crust appears to be French Meadow in it's own tin), we will be very careful etc, etc." Don't you love when they go out of their way to reassure you? End result was a delicious Hawaiian Pizza!

I live in Tarrytown and go to Mr. Nicks all the time. We love it! I don't even have to order anymore. As soon as I walk in they know exactly what I want. gluten-free White Pizza, half with broccoli.

We also go to By The Way Bakery (BTW) pretty often. Amazing bakery and the owner is a sweetheart.

We'll have to check out Slices.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I've been diagnosed with celiac a few months ago I thought that I had it for a while now it runs in the family.  I found out I had it a few months back when I ate chick fi a sandwich and had to go to the ER because I couldn't stop throwing up. They didn't know what it was and it took a few more months for anyone to take me seriously and find out what's wrong   Anyways I've gone gluten free now and I still have pains whenever I eat ANYTHING. It's cramping and burning and feels like my stomach is on fire.  I also have pains...below which I'm not sure what it is.  I ate a salad today, and now i'm in pain the salad had cheese, onion on it no dressing or any breading... Maybe I should stay away from cheese, I think it may be lactose and can't eat soy.   I ate some gluten free chex the other day with rice milk and ended up in pain.. I don't know maybe it's more than just celiac. I don't know if this is normal for people just going gluten free...maybe there was some hidden gluten in those foods. I don't know.   All i know is that this pain is hurting me and I'm tired. Thanks for reading...this is my first post.
    • I found my gas issues were caused by carbs, and sugars, something about how the bacteria in my gut changed and started making me gassy and extremely bloated when they got a hold of any thing more then a tbsp of grains, beans, fruit, or starch carbs. And no amount of medicine helped. Changed to 1/4 servings of those and mostly protein, fat diet. As for vitamin supplements I found I have to take B vitamin supplements 3 times a day to not go zombie mode. I personally found Liquid Vitamins Energy & Stress and the Nero-logic from them helps along with the occasional 1/2 bottle of 5 hour. As to carbonated water I avoided it when bloated cause it made me feel worse.
    • Butterbean, do go have a read of the dermatitis herpetiformis section.  See if anyone's story sound familiar to what you're experiencing.
    • Hi all. Well, it's been around twenty days since I've been taking Gas-X like meds (with simethicone), but no relief. Maybe I should drink bigger dose... Currently, I'm taking 80 mg four times per day.
      I'm so exhausted, both mentally and physically... Anyway, I have two questions:
      First, is it good or bad to drink mineral/carbonated water if you have severe trapped gas like me?
      Second: Is it possible to regain some physical strength/relieve fatigue with vitamin supplements? Thanks in advance.
    • I have had so many issues with my teeth--I keep getting decay and I have had filling after filling.  This past week, my dentist told me I may need a crown, which is pricey. I also have two missing teeth, which was a genetic thing that runs in my family. I am sick of hygienists telling me I am not doing enough brushing, flossing rinsing.  I do all three religiously (can't even imagine how bad my mouth would be if I didn't...)  Thankfully, last time I had my teeth cleaned, the hygienist said that my mouth was the cleanest one she had seen in years. And, she said, "something happened to your teeth developmentally." I explained how I had undiagnosed celiac disease many years. I am only 31... It is really disheartening.   What do you guys do to afford all this dental care?  My insurance doesn't cover a whole lot.  Thankfully, my dentist has felt bad and gives me discounts here and there.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gracey