1 reply to this topic

#1 xpaperbackwriterx

xpaperbackwriterx

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Never officially biopsied and diagnosed celiac (I had undergone way too many tests already) , but went gluten-free and stopped feeling like I was dying and my doc declared me gluten intolerant. :] I've been gluten-free for two years now and I feel great. However, in the last year I started having lady problems which I had never had, even before going gluten-free: I have SEVERE mood swings before each period (like bipolar almost), I started spotting heavily between each period with pains in my abdomen, and I gained weight and got severe acne. I was just diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I was just wondering if it could be related to my celiac/gi and if anyone has had a similar experience?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 intolerant baker

intolerant baker

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I was diagnosed with PCOS about five or six years ago, just recently (2 months ago) went gluten free. I have the gluten intolerant label also, as I went gluten free before testing and then had an incomplete panel done after a challenge. My doctor said they are linked very often, I think most usual to be like me and have PCOS diagnosis pre-gluten anything. If you have malabsorption problems they can be linked to hormonal disruption and ammenorreah.
I am sadly learning so much now that I wish I could have known years ago. I gained 40 LBS in one year with no diet change and that was just the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: