2 replies to this topic

#1 mommyof4

mommyof4

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Just curious if anyone out there has tried juicing raw veggies to help with healing the gut from Celiac? If so, let me know your thoughts, how long before you noticed some improvement, which veggies seemed to help the most, etc.

I am almost a year since being diagnosed with Celiac...was at dr last week as I still have some pretty significant left side pain...most of my other issues have resolved going gluten-free. Still having inflammation & a few other issues...thought I would give juicing a try.

Thanks for your input...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

When i was first going at it, i would juice an apple and carrot (1 apple to 3 carrots) to get my vitamins in. Don't know if it helped any though.

#3 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

I've been doing it because it seemed an easier way to get more green vegetables.... I eat a lot of salads already, and there is only so many times you can look at the same salad ingredients, and not wish it were something else.

And this has helped with my retaining moisture in my gut for exercise, as I don't sweat normally.

I just put whatever vegetables, and some fruit, mint leaf, parsley, and an ice cube and a little water in to the bullet and give it a whirl. Sometimes add a dash of salt to the results.

Re: your ongoing inflammation- I had to do a re adjustment of my diet late last year, and omit a few things from different companies, because at 9 years in I'm becoming much more sensitive to cross contamination. I have to be really careful with any sort of gluten free grain product, and I don't normally eat anything pre made, except a Lundberg rice cake or Tinkyada rice pasta. I started using Chebe mix as a baking base (adding a high protein such as almond, buckwheat, or amaranth) because so many of the commercial gluten free baking mixes had either oat cc or soy cc, used cc'd corn, or was "processed in a facility that also .... " yadda yadda.

These registered dietitians pushing a higher grain diet, even in gluten free form, haven't a freaking clue as to how sensitive some of us are to what has to be a blatant amount of gluten cross contamination, because we can certainly TELL what happened, by how our bodies are responding to the addition of one new grain ingredient product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: