7 replies to this topic

#1 BabsV

BabsV

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

So, just picked up the mail and there's a letter from Univ of MD saying that Dr. Fasano won't be seeing patients after December 31, 2012. The letter says he'll continue in a 'collaborative relationship' with Clinical and Research activities at the University but the letter refers adult patients (over 25) to the Adult Gastroenterology department...hmmmmm...guess it is good I got to see him when I did!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

For so many reasons it is good you saw him in a clinical setting before he moves on !! (he is pretty hunky. :) )

Well, perhaps his research has him very busy (which is all good for us) I see he has stepped up research on zonulin and how it makes celiacs have "leaky" guts.

He is looking at preventative meds for us. He he has always been an outstanding celiac advocate.

I think this man has our best interests at heart.

OMG, I think I have a crush on him. :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

OMG, I think I have a crush on him. :)

Stepping up zonulin research is outstanding....the other trials are moving along at snails pace - actually I think snails are quicker.

I had a crush on him from reading his research - years before I saw his picture ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Stepping up zonulin research is outstanding....the other trials are moving along at snails pace - actually I think snails are quicker.

I had a crush on him from reading his research - years before I saw his picture ;)

Me too! and then, I saw a pic of him and it was confirmed...and when Babs met with him, my first question was...so, is he as handsome as I think??

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Maybe we aren't the only ones and now he has to hide is his lab from all of us?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

:lol: could be!

Thank the heavens for this man.

He is truly our celiac champion.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#7 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Not sure if this has already been mentioned elsewhere (I've not been able to keep up with all the forums) but Fasano moved the entire Center for Celiac Research to MassGeneral Hospital for Children in Boston! He's seeing patients there apparently.

The letter I received didn't say ANYTHING about this. University of Maryland must have been peevish about his departure!

#8 frieze

frieze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Not sure if this has already been mentioned elsewhere (I've not been able to keep up with all the forums) but Fasano moved the entire Center for Celiac Research to MassGeneral Hospital for Children in Boston! He's seeing patients there apparently.

The letter I received didn't say ANYTHING about this. University of Maryland must have been peevish about his departure!

quite likely, academia can be pretty cut throat...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: