No replies to this topic

#1 MartyrMom2

MartyrMom2

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I am making arrangements to get my bloodwork done this week, but I have a couple of questions. I have health insurance (thank the good Lord), but no PCP, so I am opting to pay out of pocket for testing. I guess I'm leaning toward Healthcheckusa. I saw it mentioned on this forum many posts back. Can anyone please tell me if this place is legitimate? Kind of sounds too good to be true that you don't need a doctor's order to get labwork, espcially when you're wanting a Celiac panel. Also, I've never had my vitamin levels checked w/ the exception of an iron test about four years ago, when I was diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism. Don't know if it was B12 or another iron test if there is one. Anyway, I'm almost positive I'll be deficient in D due to inadequate sunlight and milk (lactose intolerance). With the test I'm looking at, they offer the B12 and I think folate and complete CBC as well. It's a profile nutrition test or something like that. I'm wondering if I should get my vitamin/mineral levels checked before doing the Celiac panel or the other way around? Finally, to the subject at hand, has anyone else developed hypopigmentation of their skin. I have developed these white patches on my legs over the past year. I googled this depigmentation and found that it is likely one of four things, a fungal infection, leukopenia, vitiligo, or a B12 deficiency. Have any of you had this before? Just curious what your diagnosis was and if it was related to Celiac or not. Thank you for taking the time to read this and/or respond!
Symptoms: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux, fatigue, unexplained bruising, unidentified skin rashes, lactose intolerance, and a myriad of other health issues/complaints.
HLA-DQ8 Gene (Enterolab, March 2009)
Diagnoses: IBS (1-19-06), Hypokalemia (7-13-07), Hypothyroidism (10-17-08)
Medications:(Synthroid 0.075 MG)
Family History of Autoimmune Diseases: Maternal Grandmother (Grave’s Disease) Paternal Grandfather (Type 1 Diabetes, RA) Great Aunt (Crohn’s Disease)Self (Hashimoto's, pending test results)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: