How Do I Protect Myself In Paris?
Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 PM
As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's
Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon
Had negative celiac blood work in 02
Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008
Positive for DQ8- 2008
Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008
Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability
Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation
Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:34 PM
Can you find a translation card to hand to waiters/chefs?
It is a fantastic city, I hope you get some good advice
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:42 AM
Also, there's a gluten free bakery/pastry shop in Paris now. It just opened last year. It's called Helmut Newcake, and it's right off one of the metro stops so it's easy to find. Owner has celiac and speaks English. They also do small meals you can eat there or get to go.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users