50 replies to this topic

#46 rymorg2

rymorg2

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

I have used MAC in the past and that's probably a good portion of it. I suspect their vit e is not gluten free because I have used products that they say are gluten-free and reacted. I also suspect cross contamination. I feel your pain....luckily my husband uses what I buy so I'm fairly safe.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 cavernio

cavernio

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I don't understand why your gluten-free hasn't stopped wearing make-up, spray tans, and body spray when she's going to see you.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#48 deals88

deals88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hey! I know this topic is old but I thought I'd put in my two cents :-)

I am super, super sensitive and one of the worst glutenings I have ever had was from my hair conditioner. When I read the ingredients, there was actually wheat protein on there! After that I threw out all my personal care products and just bought gluten free ones.

So if your girlfriend is having a shower BEFORE she sees you she might be glutening her hair!

I love desert essence organics. They smell yummy and are 100% gluten free.

Did you ever find out what was making you sick?

Hey this is a bit late lol to say the least. Yes we found a few things omg that was a furstrating time we would fight alot, anyway she was using radox bodywash which had Camolile in it. I must of spelt that wrong but that was a really bad encounter when i ingested that, and also her M.A.C blusher but most her make up Clinique now and the sentivity has went down i think. Sorry to hear your super sensitive i think im pretty bad aswell but i did eat out recently and not get sick that was a nice suprise.

I have had to switch all shampoo/conditioner and shower gel. I am now looking into make-up too.

How did u get on with your make up? I still remember a few that were ok if ur still looking.

#49 deals88

deals88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

I just made a thread to thank all members who have given me advice and i especially appriecate all the feedback for this thread helped narrow down

that long process. Thx

#50 Austin Guy

Austin Guy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

I can't remember the university, but there was a study done about how long allergens transfer via saliva after eating.  It was determined that someone kissing a person who ate something the other person is allergic to can remain in saliva for over 4 hours after eating, flossing and brushing teeth.  So gluten may be transferring to you when you kiss your girlfriend.  Is it practical to ask somone not to eat for 5 hours before seeing you?  Don't know.

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant May 10, 2011 after going gluten free May 8.
Allergic to cat dander, salmon, nuts, lots of airborne pollens and mold.
Soy intolerance August 2011
Dairy and egg intolerance November 2011
Peanuts 2013
Titanium dioxide June, 2014

Bisphenol-A August, 2014.

#51 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

I can't remember the university, but there was a study done about how long allergens transfer via saliva after eating.  It was determined that someone kissing a person who ate something the other person is allergic to can remain in saliva for over 4 hours after eating, flossing and brushing teeth.  So gluten may be transferring to you when you kiss your girlfriend.  Is it practical to ask somone not to eat for 5 hours before seeing you?  Don't know.

They don't have to not eat at all, just not eat gluten or the allergen.   That's a lot easier and more reasonable to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: