21 replies to this topic

#16 artmeg55

artmeg55

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:48 PM

Three nutritionists have told me that skin care products do not cross-over (will not make you sick). But I just can't bring myself to buy anything with wheat in it for myself. I would not even consider any lipstick with wheat as an ingredient. Try Estee Lauder's Intense Lip Creme. I like the Amour Rose. It has long lasting color wihout dyeing or drying out your lips. Even though it seems more expensive than the drug store variety, it lasts longer since you use less. As a school teacher, I do not find much time to re-apply lipstick during the day, so give this one a try.
Meg
Diagnosed and gluten-free since July, 2003.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 artmeg55

artmeg55

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

One more thought. Miss Robens online store has gluten-free products besides food. Check there for some you may like.
http://www.allergygrocer.com/
Meg
Diagnosed and gluten-free since July, 2003.

#18 laurie222

laurie222

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:02 AM

I don't use anything with wheat it in. I use the bare minerals makeup and I don't polish my nails. There are some polishes that are gluten-free, but it is not worth the trouble to me. After 7 years, I am still learning new things. B)

#19 zippy

zippy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:40 PM

I ended up going with the tropical traditions lotion, they had a buy one get one free sale, so I couldn't resist, and I've been happy with it. I've found a lip gloss site that's inexpensive and this was their response to ingredient question:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in My Lip Stuff.

Our regular formula lip balms in the tube and pot contain:
Beeswax, Sunflower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Avocado Oil, Cocoa Butter, & Aloe Vera.

The mens, lickity lips, and lip tint- also contain either mango butter, hemp butter, or hemp oil.

The body butter stick contains shea butter, shea oil, castor oil, & beeswax.

Please let me know if you'd like to know about any other products.

Thanks!
BREA
http://www.mylipstuff.com

#20 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:04 PM

I threw out all of my lipsticks, haircare products, washes etc. that had wheat in them shortly after going gluten-free. I didn"t realize at the time how important that was but I was still getting symptoms and tossing the offending things really made a difference. The eczema I had on my eyelid for YEARS has finally subsided -- although that took a couple of months. Johnsons Softlotion Creamy Moisturizing Oil is gluten-free. I called the co. to verify. I love the smell and it dosen't make the skin feel greasy. I use Bare Minerals anyway, I have for some time and am SO happy they are safe. Another line of skincare thats good is MyChelle. I use their Honeydew Cleanser. Their whole line is gluten-free--they use good ingred. like fruit, honey and seaweed extracts. Some of their products are avail. at Whole Foods (at least the one in my area) and their phone # is 800-447-2076 for a catalogue.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#21 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:16 AM

carrie--
on lotions... cali baby and tropical traditions are great. burts bees has several gluten-free lotions. i can tell you what they are if you need. i believe kiss my face has some gluten-free lotions too, and weleda.
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#22 julie5914

julie5914

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:00 AM

I still struggle with symptoms, so I have tossed all shampoos, conditioners and lotions that have wheat or oats, along with any questionable makeup. I don't regret it. I had never thought about nail polish, so I hope Bare Minerals has some cause my toe nails are gross! I am going to switch to all Bare Minerals cosmetics this week. I am learning that I am extremely sensitive.
Blood work positive
Dx with IBS 5 years ago
Dx with Celiac and gluten-free since 6/17/05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: