5 replies to this topic

#1 smpalesh

smpalesh

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

2 weeks and my celiac test is STILL not back. I was at my dr today discussing my blood test results (I am SEVERELY iron deficient anemic) and he said that the celiac test is still not back. I asked him if I'll be informed when it does come back and he said if there is anything off he'll call me but not to be worried because celiac is really "no big deal." Seriously?? I'm sick all the time and there COULD be an explanation but "it's no big deal." Idiot.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

2 weeks and my celiac test is STILL not back. I was at my dr today discussing my blood test results (I am SEVERELY iron deficient anemic) and he said that the celiac test is still not back. I asked him if I'll be informed when it does come back and he said if there is anything off he'll call me but not to be worried because celiac is really "no big deal." Seriously?? I'm sick all the time and there COULD be an explanation but "it's no big deal." Idiot.

It took about that long for mine to get back. mind you, i'm not defficant, but still :/

#3 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

What a JERK! Ask him to suffer the way you have suffered! Ask him to go gluten-free and see if it's no big deal! And then take him some literature about celiac crisis and ask him if DYING from celiac is no big deal!

And then fire the #*%@*#*!!!!!

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#4 tennisman

tennisman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Wow that's terrible , I hope you get results soon and I hope your doctor gets celiac disease than he might change his no big deal opinion !
Diagnosed with Coeliac disease in 2003

#5 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sheesh! Really? Grr. <_< :blink:
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 Invictus

Invictus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Agree with bartfull on this one. I had a doctor literally laugh at me for demanding a celiac blood panel. He said: "You're too fat to have celiacs; do you even know what celiacs is?"

Had I not been energy deprived - there would have literally been a physical a** whooping served to his pretentious/condescending a**. I wanted him to feel every ounce of pain that I felt over the years of being misdiagnosed.

If he/she doesn't take you seriously, fire him - no questions asked! Don't be afraid to tell him/her why you're severing them as your health care provider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: