22 replies to this topic

#1 Aly1

Aly1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

What can I do to treat large bulky stools? I am do constipated I can hardly pass them. Can't have laxatives that contain dairy, corn or sweeteners. Anyone know what I can do that's fast acting?? 😟

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jswog

jswog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

What can I do to treat large bulky stools? I am do constipated I can hardly pass them. Can't have laxatives that contain dairy, corn or sweeteners. Anyone know what I can do that's fast acting?? ��

Not fast acting, but when I was pregnant my OB had me on prunes/prune juice to help with my severe constipation naturally. I think the prune juice is probably a bit faster acting, but the prunes have a great amount of dietary fiber. GL!

#3 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

I can tell you what had worked for me: magnesium supplements - magnesium oxide 400mg once a day, or cut the pill in half and take it twice a day. Then water, drink 1 bottle of plain water at once, or in 15 minutes wice per day, and take probiotics with bifidum - Alive Or. Nature Bounty Chewable probiotics Acidophilus with bifidum- two wafers 2-3 times a day. I have been using them that way when I needed.

To avoid constipation try to cut, or lower chicken meat, rice, bananas and carrot intake because when you have diarrhea, they are the first aid to stop it.
I hope that you feel better soon.

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Ground flaxseed in a 16 oz. glass of water 2X a day --and more water throughout the day can help.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

I second the prunes. I eat sunsweet and they taste like candy :)

#6 Aly1

Aly1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Ooh these are some good suggestions. It happens whenever I have the slightest amount of dairy. I had to grab some milk to coat my stomach before taking some medication, and so I know what's coming...😟

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Ooh these are some good suggestions. It happens whenever I have the slightest amount of dairy. I had to grab some milk to coat my stomach before taking some medication, and so I know what's coming...😟

Aha! well, hon, this may be the giant clue!

If dairy is causing C, you may need to give it up.

Try So delicious coconut milk or almond milk and see if the C stops.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#8 Aly1

Aly1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Oh, I have given it up, but every now and then in a moment of desperation (eg I'm having a low blood sugar in the mall and the only thing available is my daughter's cheese that I've packed for her snack; or yesterday when I took an ocycodone bc I had my wisdom tooth pulled, and it started attacking my stomach almost immediately. Had to grab a milk at the store before going home...). But the result is always the same and I need to find something fast acting to help..!

Wondering which of the above suggestions will work the fastest!

#9 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

prunes generally will imo. Eat four of them and give it a few hours and you'll be going rofl.

Back when i had C constently, prunes were the only thing that got me going.

#10 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

IrishHeart is right: ground flaxseeds in either water or juice will work miracles.

#11 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

IrishHeart is right: ground flaxseeds in either water or juice will work miracles.

Hubs (who would be so embarrassed for me for saying this, so let's not tell him :lol: ) had big C for weeks---and I had to talk him into trying it and now, he is so happy. :)

I also make granola bars for us with ground flaxseed in them and they keep things "moving" right along.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#12 Aly1

Aly1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I will have hubby stop by the health food store and pick some flaxseed up. I thinky one ofthe many foods i am supposed to avoid is prunes, so rather than go searching to find the list that has that on I will just opt for the flaxseed route.

Any concerns with brands that might have gluten contamination? I gave up on eating sunflower seeds bc I was reacting to them (this was in my ultra sensitive phase...no idea if it was gluten contamination - I assumed it was - or a problem with the seeds themselves...I didn't bother to find out at the time as I had too many other dietary issues going on!

#13 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

I buy mine at a health food store, and I haven't experienced any problems of gluten contamination. Also, I use a coffee grinder to grind the seeds before mixing them in with the juice. Don't bother buying the pre-ground kind, because they lost their nutritional value 15 minutes after being ground.

#14 Aly1

Aly1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Good to know. Thanks all!

#15 rorenchan

rorenchan

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have the same problem. What ended up working for me was an increase of fiber, and a squatty potty.
http://www.squattypotty.com/
Oct 2, 2012 Celiac Disease Comprehensive Panel: Positive:
(tTG) Ab, IgA: >100
Endomysial Ab IgA: Positive
Enodmysial Ab Titer: 1:160
IgA, Serum: 286
Endoscopy on 10/31: Positive, marsh stage 3

Officially diagnosed celiac by both blood and biopsy.
Gluten free as of October 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: