22 replies to this topic

#16 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

My Mum swears by squatting in the garden to do weeding. A friend (honest) lies on her back and brings legs towards chest - think cuddling your knees.

A kids toilet step does a similar job to rorenchan's product, and cheaper probably. Thosd do look good though.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

A squatty potty? Seems to me you could just put a small step stool in your bathroom and elevate your knees a bit to get the same angle.... yes? :)

Many cultures "squat" to eliminate waste. And this works, provided someone can stand and has strong legs to balance while doing his business.

I am the kind of person who goes by Occham's razor when trying to sort out what "may be" causing a problem.

It means basically, "all things being equal, a simpler explanation is better than a more complex one.".

We all have things that work for us, but since
Aly mentioned the big C occurred as a direct result of drinking
milk, well the first thing to do is ..... eliminate milk.

After that, yes, our suggestions of additional fiber is good. (prunes, more leafy greens, flaxseed meal, whatever)

PLUS MORE water, because without that water, the fiber will just swell in your colon.

But every time she continues to drinks milk, the C will likely come back.

Honestly, I used to have the same issue with too much cheese, but I take in a lot of fiber and WATER every day and that keeps me from having C.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

My Mum swears by squatting in the garden to do weeding. A friend (honest) lies on her back and brings legs towards chest - think cuddling your knees.

Okay, now I have a visual of your mum doing her business in the garden and your friend doing hers on the floor. :unsure:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#19 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Oh no. I must never tell either of them what someone halfway round the world is thinking about them...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#20 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Oh no. I must never tell either of them what someone halfway round the world is thinking about them...

:lol: just now, I was outside trimming back perennials and I squatted down to pick up the cuttings and thought of YOU.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#21 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

I am more of a D girl, so weeding unnecessary here, luckily. Well except during the 3 weeks I managed of my gluten challenge. Then it was a handful of dried apricots. Similar to prunes I suppose.

Might be interesting to watch the neighbours gardening though...

#22 rorenchan

rorenchan

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

A squatty potty? Seems to me you could just put a small step stool in your bathroom and elevate your knees a bit to get the same angle.... yes? :)

A regular step stool could totally work and be a whole lot cheaper, yeah.
Oct 2, 2012 Celiac Disease Comprehensive Panel: Positive:
(tTG) Ab, IgA: >100
Endomysial Ab IgA: Positive
Enodmysial Ab Titer: 1:160
IgA, Serum: 286
Endoscopy on 10/31: Positive, marsh stage 3

Officially diagnosed celiac by both blood and biopsy.
Gluten free as of October 2012.

#23 megsybeth

megsybeth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Ok, the ground flax seed might explain something! I'm very new to gluten-free eating and cooking (three days new) and this morning I was experimenting with pancakes. We like unleavened pancakes (like thicker crepes) so I was experimenting with different flours. I'd picked up some ground flax meal because I thought it would be a healthy, crunchy way to coat fish for frying. I put a generous amount in the batter. My son and I have been going all day. I thought it was part of the celiac recovery we're both starting but maybe it's the big portion of flax meal?

So I guess, pancakes made with flax meal would be on the list too =).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: