Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Arsenic In Rice

5 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

Its been known dear :)

Honestly, we'll all die of something, one way or another. This isn't something i'm going to worry about. The only thing i've been doing now then before is washing my rice (good practice anyway).

Its been known dear :)

Honestly, we'll all die of something, one way or another. This isn't something i'm going to worry about. The only thing i've been doing now then before is washing my rice (good practice anyway).

So.. rice milk, rice crackers, rice noodles... ? I'm vegan as well as celiac, so I'm already pretty limited diet-wise. It seems like every other day I'm hearing I'm not supposed to eat something or other. Like tofu is supposed to be bad because of phytoestrogens or whatever. But I eat it anyway.

Honestly, if it was just me I wouldn't care about poisoning myself. (I've been depressed lately can you tell? Ha ha.) But I have kids, and they eat a lot of the same food I eat because I'm so sensitive to being around gluten at all. Someone told me about this arsenic thing yesterday and I'm wondering if I should be worried about giving my kids rice now. And apparently brown rice, which we've been eating because it's supposedly healthier, is actually worse than white rice.

Hi Marie-

Here's a link to a recent discussion about arsenic in rice that might be helpful to you: